Red Across on Batery Charging

francoicz

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Everytime I connect the tablet to the charger , a red cross appears on the battery, but loads slow . I connect the charger to the tablet off and it don't loads , I have to turn it on. I connected to the laptop, kept showing the red cross but did not show me the USB to transfer files, the tablet thought that was connected to the charger.
I think this problem comes from the update to Mashmallow , and I formatted the tablet so many times and still appears.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That usually means that either the battery is going bad or your charger isn't supplying enough power to correctly charge the tablet. Remember that most tablets need 'bigger' chargers (at least 1A) to properly do so; if your charger is of a lower output, is damaged (might be the cable, too), or are trying to plug it into a 'normal' PC port that only supplies 500mA, then the tablet will probably not charge properly and display that warning icon.

francoicz

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I THINK that happens since I updated to 6.0. Bc I tried with two chargers, the laptod doesn't recognize the tablet (only charge), even ADB. I think it's a software bug..
Edit: Also it doesn't recognize ADB with drivers

Last edited:

francoicz

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
What is it and how I do it?
I don't know bc it's my first Samsung. Yesterday I knew what "Download Mode" was. Lol. I'm so mad bc I bought the Tablet on January and I don't find much information about the red across

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is from T-Mobile's site but it should work on any S2 tablet. Safe Mode prevents all 3rd party apps from loading at boot, so if an app is causing the issue, that would be a way to debug which app since only apps you manually open can run.
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23632

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest doing a factory reset (just remember to back up your stuff before you do that as this wipes your tablet clean, except for the SD card).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd try to get it exchanged then. As long as you didn't get it wet or dropped it, whether the battery is bad, the port is defective, or the update borked the tablet's charging, it should be covered by warranty.

francoicz

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I looked for it in Google and it happens in most tablets. I think in waiting it to discharge to 0% but if it dies? If it's the charger, why the laptops dont recognize it? I'm hating Samsung

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36