should I wait, or will the tab s3 be cost prohibitive?

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I've never owned a tablet prior, but for some time now I've been considering getting a tab s2 9.7". I've been reading that the tab s3 will be unveiled soon and I am wondering it would be worth the wait, or if this is still a pretty solid tablet. Thanks.

Trankster

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It may be out next month. I would wait, you can compare the specs and reviews before you buy, and if you prefer the S2 it may be on sale once the S3 is out. I have owned many tablets and usually go for the latest model.

VitaminA

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I agree that you should wait. I didn't and bought the S2 a couple weeks ago, but I did because it was Tax-Free Weekend in my city, and that was too good to pass up (while not knowing exactly when the S3 would come out). I'm nervous that I made the wrong decision, but I do like the S2 a lot so far. My hope is that the S3 comes out within my return window, and I can either exchange or get a refund for whatever price drop there is on the S2.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
My galaxy tab pro 12.2 recently died and I have been on the fence whether to get the tab s2 or wait for the s3. Reading numerous articles didn't seem to provide much other than it may be imminent or not. The Best Buy website has the 32gb 9.7 listed for $499. I went over there yesterday just to play around with the s2 and saw the price had dropped to $399. This was not a sale price. Twenty minutes later I was on my way home with my new gold 32gb 9.7 s2 along with the Samsung cover. The cover was on sale for $34.99, down from its regular $69.99.
I don't know if this is indicative of Best Buy when new product is coming out to price drop current versions or not.
Bottom line I decided not to wait. So far I am very happy with my purchase.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My galaxy tab pro 12.2 recently died and I have been on the fence whether to get the tab s2 or wait for the s3. Reading numerous articles didn't seem to provide much other than it may be imminent or not. The Best Buy website has the 32gb 9.7 listed for $499. I went over there yesterday just to play around with the s2 and saw the price had dropped to $399. This was not a sale price. Twenty minutes later I was on my way home with my new gold 32gb 9.7 s2 along with the Samsung cover. The cover was on sale for $34.99, down from its regular $69.99.
I don't know if this is indicative of Best Buy when new product is coming out to price drop current versions or not.

There have been deals every couple weeks on tab S2s, you should've waited for a 299.99 deal....I paid 349.99 last Christmas for a 9.7 tab s2... still a better deal than yours

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site

So I am not the only one that had a 12.2 Pro die. Battery problems? Mine won't even turn on now. Bought the revised Tab S2 9.7 32GB with Android 6 a couple days ago for $369 with cover and loving it. Had my 10.1 die on me a while back but still buy Samsung.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I am glad you got a deal on your tab s2. Quiet obvious you paid less than I did, I do so appreciate you pointing that out for me.
When an electronic device goes south on you and you need another one right away, that "deals every couple weeks" might not be there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11