Finding the newer Snapdragon S2

mallomar

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I want to get an 8" tablet and I think I've settled on the S2. I've been searching online to try to find the best deal, but some of the sellers don't specify whether the tablet is the older model with the Exynos processor or the newer Snapdragon. I'd like to get the Snapdragon model.

Yeah, I can ask the sellers, but it could take a while to get responses. Is there an easy way to figure it out -- for example, are the UPC codes different for the Exynos and the Snapdragon models? (I tried to figure that out, but gave up.)

I'm ruling out the ones that specify Lollipop -- am I correct in assuming that Snapdragons will always have Marshmallow?

FWIW, I know that the mythical S3 might be coming down the pike soon, but money is a major issue (which is why I'm trying to find the best deal online), and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to afford the S3 anyway.

Thanks.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
from what I can tell the model number starting with SM-T813.. seems to be the newer model, but not sure about the processor.

mallomar

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Now I'm wondering if I should consider the new S3. Apparently it's not much more expensive than the S2. But I'm not sure I want to buy something that's just been released and hasn't been thoroughly tested and reviewed by users.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7