8.0 S2 vs Nvidia Shield?

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

My small tablet is currently a nvidia shield and the performance leaves a little to be desired. Wondering if anyone here has used both the shield and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2?

Hoping to here it's a little better.

Thanks

Sir Loyne

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I can't think of anything I've bought in a long, long time that was a bigger waste of money than my S2. It's slow. The screen is slow to respond. I use the Samsung web browser I can't tell you how much I enjoy hitting the "X" to close a tab and watching it flash and then do nothing... over and over and over. The WiFi is pure crap. I can literally be standing 5 feet away from my dual band router and only have the 2.4 band showing with 2/4 bars strength. I constantly have to turn the WiFi off and on again to see both bands and to get a better strength. My Galaxy Tab4 with KitKat blows it away. I can have both tablets side by side at work, on the same network and while the Tab4 will have a 4/4 strength, the S2 will float between 1 & 2. Marshmallow made it even worse. I'm sure lots of people will tell you it's the best thing since the big bang. I think it's junk and would never get another Samsung tablet.

Do you read comics? It's great. Do you watch videos off line? Fantastic. Is being able to do those things worth $350? S**t no.

Last edited:

You orit

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I can't think of anything I've bought in a long, long time that was a bigger waste of money than my S2. It's slow. The screen is slow to respond. I use the Samsung web browser I can't tell you how much I enjoy hitting the "X" to close a tab and watching it flash and then do nothing... over and over and over. The WiFi is pure crap. I can literally be standing 5 feet away from my dual band router and only have the 2.4 band showing with 2/4 bars strength. I constantly have to turn the WiFi off and on again to see both bands and to get a better strength. My Galaxy Tab4 with KitKat blows it away. I can have both tablets side by side at work, on the same network and while the Tab4 will have a 4/4 strength, the S2 will float between 1 & 2. Marshmallow made it even worse. I'm sure lots of people will tell you it's the best thing since the big bang. I think it's junk and would never get another Samsung tablet.

Do you read comics? It's great. Do you watch videos off line? Fantastic. Is being able to do those things worth $350? S**t no.

Hi. Look nobody has more contempt for Samsung now than i. Since my S2 has not recieved it's update and your encouraged to update through the smartswitch app, I have lost respect for samsung. It's my perrogative.
I do own several apple devices from the iPad air 2 to an ipad3 from 2008. They all work like a Swiss watch. Never an issue. Updates are effortless. Etc.
Sams new gal edges woes only tickle me and I see samsung going down due to this giant recall. They are burning houses and cars down. Idiots.
I must say however ,my S2 is a great little tab. Very quick. Very enjoyable display. It's my first Android item and I enjoy it greatly but it will be my last from samsung. My wifi holds steady for constant uninterupted use. The lilkipop os it came with was fine. I do not think marshmallow is anything special st all. Its just more of the ame but the functioning of the tablet has been very fast and what you would want one to be like. Samsung has shown their worth to me since dealing with c s. I actually did have trouble with the charging adapter plug. Made them send me two already. It charges slowly with the dedicated plug. It charges quickly with my phone's plug. Go figure.
They are a company with horrible cs. Your tabS2 sounds like it's not up to par. Try to get it corrected. They are good, lightning fast tzblets. Just my opinion. Good luck. Buy apple.

CBonney

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello. You may have a bad tablet. My tab is quick and I use the wifi everywhere with no breaks in signal. I use the samsung browser as well and it works very well. I don't like delay in updates but, the tablet works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12