Rocking with lollipop 5.1.1

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If you are still using the galaxy tab s2 with lollipop 5.1.1 and it's still completely stable and smooth, please comment. Mine has been perfection since December 2015 and has no issues. I refuse to put marshmallow on this device and will only update the OS if it gets an update to nougat.

Little Squirt

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my S2 9.7 with 6.0.1 update (is that marshmallow?) ever since it was offered a few months ago and it works as smoothly as ever. No hitches glitches or stitches! LOVE it!

Markrumsfield

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
After mine updated to marshmallow I've had three issues. Power button has intermittent issues where I have to push it several times before it works, speaker volume went from not great to almost useless, and lastly the tablet occasionally locks up and gets hot when browsing. Worked flawlessly before the update. Could be coincidence though. Still love this tablet, use it morning ,noon and night. Hope it doesn't take a complete dump.

Tjoh

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
James,

i have a 6.0.1. Marshmallow version on my tab 2 8, and it runs very stable and smooth. I thought to let you know,

greetz,
Tjoh

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
James,

i have a 6.0.1. Marshmallow version on my tab 2 8, and it runs very stable and smooth. I thought to let you know,

greetz,
Tjoh
Well sorry guys I had the galaxy tab s2 (since Dec 2015) and decided to let it go and get the tab A 10.1 with s pen and a guaranteed nougat update....I sold my tab s2 and the keyboard case for the price of the tab A 10.1 which is 350.00.....so will test it out Friday...the superior battery life 14 hours, flash on the rear camera, s pen capability, 3 gb ram, updated processor architecture 14 nm, 1080p lcd display was good enough to win me over...I also have both ipad pros for more advanced tablet power user purposes too....if samsung truly releases a real high end tablet it would be great but the tab A is the only reasonable option if you ever want any chance for a nougat update....

Update: galaxy tab A 10.1 with s pen is more fluid and smooth running than my tab s2....everything on it works flawlessly....the s pen is great and has some of the note 7 software features that I loved...so happy I purchased this product...

Last edited: