magnet able to lift?

waynebasn

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I dropped my tab s2 behind a built in unit....the only hope to retrieve it might be a magnet on a string. Does anyone know if it will stick to a magnet, since it is mostly glass and plastic? Not able to test yet... anyone able to help??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you don't get any response and you're in the US, try going to a Best Buy and ask the Samsung rep there if they can answer that, or let you test a strong magnet on a display model.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't think there is enough metal in our tablets for a magnet to be effective. You might try one of these: REACHER I got one to retrieve items that fell behind our computer desk as otherwise it would take all day to remove things from the desk so that we could move it.

Sir Loyne

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
You might be able to straighten out a metal coat hanger (try to make the end either T or L shaped), put a fair amount of outdoors grade double sided tape on the end and get it that way. Just lift it slow, to reduce the chance of repeated drops.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You might be able to straighten out a metal coat hanger (try to make the end either T or L shaped), put a fair amount of outdoors grade double sided tape on the end and get it that way. Just lift it slow, to reduce the chance of repeated drops.
Ooh, good MacGyver thinking!;)