samsung case lock screen

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
My tablet locks when I close the magnetic Samsung case, is there a way to disable that?
I can't find it in the settings or in the Nova launcher settings.

Sir Loyne

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
My tablet locks when I close the magnetic Samsung case, is there a way to disable that?
I can't find it in the settings or in the Nova launcher settings.

Turn on "Automatic Unlock" under Settings/Accessories. Change your screen lock type to "Swipe" under Lock Screen and Security/Screen Lock Type.

Last edited:

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
You mean "auto unlock"?

I was screwing around last night and disabled "lock with power button" and that seamed to work but now I can't even find that option?¿

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
... or maybe because you misunderstood what I wanted..?
I still want it to lock after a preset time, figured that was obvious, who would ever not want their smart phone or tablet to not lock at all?

Sir Loyne

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
... or maybe because you misunderstood what I wanted..?
I still want it to lock after a preset time, figured that was obvious, who would ever not want their smart phone or tablet to not lock at all?

This... "My tablet locks when I close the magnetic Samsung case, is there a way to disable that?" does NOT imply, in any way, to anyone on the planet Earth, that you want your tablet to lock, but only after a specified amount of time.

Nice try, though.

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Why would "anyone on planet Earth" want to completely disable all the security settings on their tablet?
Why are you trying to turn this into a pissing match? If you don't have anything constructive to add just run along...

What DID seem to work is:
changing the 'screen lock type' back to PIN
disable 'lock instantly with power key' in the 'secure lock settings'
and changing the 'lock automatically" to 10 minutes so after not being used for 10 minutes (with or without the cover closed) it locks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech