Samsung keyboard issues

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem with the Samsung keyboard capitalising either the first letter of the last word before a question mark or exclamation point or capitalising the entire last word in some apps? (Like messenger or Aquamail for example)?

I tried using AnySoft keyboard but didn't like it. Hopefully there's a cure for the Samsung keyboard?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've found that updates to the Android System Webview app can sometimes do weird things to keyboards. Try going to the Play Store, look for Android System Webview, and uninstall (which will only uninstall updates). Then see if the problem persists.

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but that didn't work.
The 2 main apps I use a lot that are having the weird problems are AquaMail and Mighty Text (a program that lets me text from my wifi tablet).
Posting on Facebook does it too. From the lack of response to my question I'm guessing this is not a common problem, I'd rather not have to reset the tablet to cure the problem.

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Keep an eye out for the next update for the Samsung Keyboard -- maybe they will have fixed it by then.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
So I Googled it, seems it happens to other devices too, no one really has an answer other than using a different keyboard app, I'm going to try google keyboard, must be what my 6P has and it works fine...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/656509-why-does-my-s7-change-words-when-exclamation-point-question-mark-used.html

Google keyboard doesn't do it, I miss a couple things about the Samsung keyboard but will get used to it I spose...

Try SwiftKey. My top keyboard app. Installed on all my galaxy devices. Beats Google keyboard in my view.

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
SwiftKey is ok but I don't think there's a way to move your cursor? If not I'm going back to the Google keyboard.

<< EDIT >>
(figured it out)

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Try installing beta version of Android System Webview. There was a bug in the non-beta version a while back that was causing a different problem with capitalization. Google made a fix in the beta version that corrected the problem. I have been using the beta version since then and do not have the problem you describe. I don't if they ever included the fix in the non-beta version.

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Try installing beta version of Android System Webview. There was a bug in the non-beta version a while back that was causing a different problem with capitalization. Google made a fix in the beta version that corrected the problem. I have been using the beta version since then and do not have the problem you describe. I don't if they ever included the fix in the non-beta version.

Did you have the same problem I had before the beta version?
Generally I stay away from anything beta...

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Did you have the same problem I had before the beta version?
Generally I stay away from anything beta...

I had a different problem...but was also related to capitalization; for example, first letter at the beginning of a sentence would not be capitalized and double space would not input a period.

I generally avoid beta also, but to me it is different if the non-beta version has bugs (and beta is intended to fix those bugs).

It worked for me, but it not exactly the same problem, so it may not work anyway.

gumbolsu

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
I updated the Andriod System WebView to the latest version and it fixed my problem. Its under settings, application manager, System apps. I hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae