Sd Carde

Kpar

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
Just purchased a Samsung S2 8" Tablet and have searched for the last few days looking for the best Size & speed for a SD card.
All answers from others state what they have installed BUT no body is able to tell me what is the max that an S2 can use.
I've read up about SDX cards, U1 & U3 but it just get me all confused.
Please can somebody tell me which is the ultimate card that an S2 can use.
Kpar

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved from the Galaxy S2 forum (for the old phone) to the Galaxy Tab S2 forum (for the more recent tablet).

Pamela Curry

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Just purchased a Samsung S2 8" Tablet and have searched for the last few days looking for the best Size & speed for a SD card.
All answers from others state what they have installed BUT no body is able to tell me what is the max that an S2 can use.
I've read up about SDX cards, U1 & U3 but it just get me all confused.
Please can somebody tell me which is the ultimate card that an S2 can use.
Kpar
The max size sdcard that was available when the Tab S2 came out was 128GB. Just as when I got my Galaxy S4 the largest sdcard was 64GB. Both will utilize the new 256GB cards. It's a matter of the standards. Technically these devices would work with up to a theoretical 2TB sdcard, there just isn't any such SD cards. The current limit is 256GB.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I just put a Samsung EVO+ 256GB card in mine and it works great! I have my entire music collection on my tablet now.

Great - glad that works for you. If you need even more storage - for the heck of it I've been playing around attaching portable hard drives via an OTG cable. The S2 doesn't put enough juice out for an HDD so I used a USB Y-cable with the power line attached to a portable battery pack. As long as the drive is formatted exFAT - not NTFS - it looks like it will work with any size drive (TBs). Don't see myself using that - I use large uSD cards with small micro USB card readers for additional storage - but it was interesting to try.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. That's something that I've thought about, but not something I need. I have the 2TB WD wireless portable HDD. It's battery powered and I can connect to it via WiFi. Which means I can stream movies to my S2, or any other device but just connecting via WiFi. It also has USB 3.1 connectivity so I get the best of both worlds.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. That's something that I've thought about, but not something I need. I have the 2TB WD wireless portable HDD. It's battery powered and I can connect to it via WiFi. Which means I can stream movies to my S2, or any other device but just connecting via WiFi. It also has USB 3.1 connectivity so I get the best of both worlds.

Yeah, I generally use an HDD attached to a wireless RAVPower FileHub. The small card reader is more convenient to use on an airplane for storage of movies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463