Update today...852mb

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
a5fe6788af274f685685a1e50640ed42.jpg

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes I am downloading it as we speak, I thought they said we wouldn't get it? I'm not going to complain, this is awesome!!!

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm really digging the new multi screen option. Glad my tablet now works with more apps for multi screen and the floating windows is awesome.
d6b02e183aaa0dd8f6b4a764fa408f7c.jpg
00626977dffd055668b837605ce54abc.jpg

Sir Loyne

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Don't do it, not if you're happy with what you've got. I'm going to buy a new tablet today just to get Marshmallow back and sell the one with Nougat. I should have known better, considering the fact that, if you don't like it, there's no way of going back. Most likely this will be the last update for the S2, so if anything goes wrong it will never be fixed. Don't do it, not without trying it first. As far as I'm concerned, it's nothing but a bunch of new flash, more fades and slides and it takes more clicks to do the same things. They seemed to have been so focused on fades and slides, in fact, that I had to enable the developer options just to turn it all off. I can easily see them triggering an epileptic fit in some people. I make folders for apps. "Podcasts & Radio" for example. Before, I would open the folder and open a podcast app. When I closed the app I would be back on my Home page. Now, I close the app and I'm back in the folder, which I now have to close as well. In Marshmallow, to turn on and off the auto brightness, which I do often, I would pull down from the top and there's a box you check and uncheck. Now, I pull down from the top and next to the brightness bar there's another pull down arrow you have to click in order to go to the on / off button. The text in the notification bar is a lot smaller now, so to get that bigger you have to increase the screen zoom, which makes everything else bigger as well. I find that, while using it, the battery doesn't last as long. The WiFi does work better, I'll give it that, but all that means to me is that it was a software problem that Samsung did nothing to fix. Don't do it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech