Simple Auto Bright App

Sir Loyne

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Prior to Nougat it was very easy to turn Auto Brightness on and off. For some reason they thought, as an "update", a very simple thing should take 3x more steps. Long story short, the only thing this app does is turn auto brightness on and off, and you can put it down at the bottom so it's always easy to use. A must have if you turn the auto brightness on and off a lot (or even occasionally).

Auto Bright Switch

Last edited:

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Prior to Nougat it was very easy to turn Auto Brightness on and off. For some reason they thought, as an "update", a very simple thing should take 3x more steps. Long story short, the only thing this app does is turn auto brightness on and off, and you can put it down at the bottom so it's always easy to use. A must have if you turn the auto brightness on and off a lot (or even occasionally).

Auto Bright Switch
In Nougat, if you switch the "Brightness control on top" setting to on, you can turn Auto brightness on or off in two clicks from the notification shade.
69a46c4e2db3a5bad99e413652f6be2e.jpg

Sir Loyne

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
That's how I have it, and I stand by what I said. Drag down from the top (1 click). Click drop down arrow (2 clicks). Turn Auto Brightness off (3 clicks). And if I wanted to be pedantic, swipe up to close (4 clicks). And then 3 (or 4) clicks to turn it back on. I think I'll stick with the 1 click off and 1 click on.