The Galaxy Tab S3 is Official!

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy Tab S3 is now official! So who's interested in upgrading and what are your thoughts on Samsung's new flagship tablet?

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Disappointed that it sounds like the S3 will only be available with 32Gb of storage. Not much of an upgrade from my S 10.5. Except for having a newer, better battery.

funpig

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I just got a "free" S2 8.0 on Air Miles Rewards about 2 weeks ago. No buyer's remorse here, lol. The only feature i would covet in the new S3 would be the 4 speakers. I am glad to see Samsung got rid of those two holes in the tab back used for the Samsung proprietary snap-in cases. I am currently using a great Fintie smart case, which is a simpler and cheaper solution. Sounds like the S3 is going to use magnets for cover attachment; Samsung always follows Apple, lol.

The S3 is currently not being offered in the smaller 8" size. I need something small and light. The S3 CPU performance increase is only incremental and would not make any difference for my everyday usage. Any increased battery life is always welcome, but i am already more than impressed with S2 battery performance. I definitely have no need for the S-pen and would not want to carry it. And I have never been a fan of glass backs, which would get covered by a case anyways. The glass has also made the S3 40-50 grams heavier than the S2. And it is back to up to 6mm thickness with only a marginal increase in battery size. And the projected S3 prices seem extremely high. I paid nothing for my S2. No way I would pay anything for an S3.

M Stuart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
The glass back is indeed truly stupid. Everything else, depends on price. For around £400 I'll upgrade on day one. For the £600 that apparently it's going to cost, I may never will.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
My Tab S has about 10Gb free, and has a 32Gb SD card in place. Given that Nougat takes more storage than MM, I'm concerned about free storage right out the gate on the device that I'll be using for 2-3 years. I'd be much happier if it was 64Gb of storage!

funpig

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
There is no need to replace your tablet unless your old one is lost, broken or you have money or Airmiles to burn. Tablet sales are down because they last a good long time. So much of smartphone sales is driven by "free" phones on 2 year plan renewal cycles. My Tab 7.0 plus is four years old and is now being used by my wife. I only ordered the S2 because a good tablet only pops up rarely on the Airmiles website. The day after i ordered the S2, it was no longer available. Apple continued to sell the IPad 2 for years. I still use a perfectly functional iPad 3.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
My Tab S burns battery about twice as fast as it used to. And is about 3 years old. It used to consume 10% of battery per hour, now it's closer to 20%. It's almost all going to the screen.

funpig

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Gary, it appears your battery is starting to wear out and is losing capacity. Try "Go Power Master" app to measure your battery capacity and compare with your original specs.