Galaxy Tab S3 vs iPad Pro?

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
In considering the Tab S3 right now, but I'm weighing it against the rumored bezelless 10.5" IPad Pro that's supposed to get announced in March. I definitely want one or the other... Thoughts?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Since no information is available, waiting is the obvious answer but if it's anything like the last many years, iPad pro.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I'm definitely waiting to see what the IPad looks like before I decide.... I'll probably wait for reviews of both to start coming out before I decide too. I'm just curious about people's early speculation given what we know so far about each. I think I am actually leaning toward the iPad even though it's rumored that it won't be released until May-June. It might just be worth the wait.

funpig

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
It never occurred to me to compare any Galaxy Tab Sx with an iPad Pro. Price, processing power and Apple pencil are all at a much higher level than the galaxy tabs, imo. Even the so called Galaxy Tab "Pro" cannot compare to the Ipad. If you are interested in an IPad Pro, you should also take a look at the Surface Pro. My son went thru that question and ended getting the Surface Pro 4. I am not a fan, but there is no denying that the SP4 is more of PC than the others and has an excellent surface pen. With an SP5 expected soon, prices for the very capable SP4 will continue to drop.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Huawei M3 comparable or better than current 9.7" iPad pro.
If I didn't have iPad mini 4 it would be what I would be getting.

Or Huawei MacBook line based on Intel i3 and it.

Apple is set to come out with three new iPads along with the 10" that been talked about.

The Huawei Mate 9 is first phone in 6 years I am truly satisfied with, after nearly two months.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Android CPU and OS vs Windows 10 Intel 6xxx/6xxx i3-i5-i7

Huawei MateBook might give run for the money.

Still laptops and not desktop and 2in1 thanks to touchscreen. But won't ever run Android code apps.

stsullivan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I am definitely in the same boat I can't make my mind up between this and the iPad myself it's been awhile since I've had a Samsung tablet or a Android tablet

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I still have an 8 and 10 inch Tab S2, but if I get a new tablet there's no question but it will be the new IpadPro, even though I've never had an Apple computer and don't even know how to work it and it will be considerably more expensive. It just blows the Tab S3 out of the water.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I would grab a Tab S3 personally, but I probably have 100 or more paid apps for Android and don't even have an Apple ID because I've never owned an iOS device.

I like the iPads, but don't want to invest in another ecosystem since I'm invested in both Android and Windows already.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I am definitely in the same boat I can't make my mind up between this and the iPad myself it's been awhile since I've had a Samsung tablet or a Android tablet
I forgot to update this thread in early June when I decided to go with the 10.5" iPad Pro the day it was released at Best Buy. I'm very happy with that tablet. Also using an 8" ZenPad Z8 on Verizon running Android Nougat. Both are great tablets IMO and I'm still looking at the Tab S3 as a possibility sometime soon especially since I heard the price has dropped on Samsung's site I believe...

I also have the 9.7" IPad Pro and am thinking about selling it but not just yet...

Bluering48

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
For me the ultimate question is: In which ecosystem I will find myself more comfortable, a closed one or an open one? For me personally, I will always choose an open system as I like customization, and the choice of that personal and individual touch. But at the end of the day, to each his own whatever makes you happy.