Black screen, can't unlock

JoeDaddy7105

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
This morning I went to turn on my Tab S3 and the screen stayed black when hitting the power button or home button. The capacitive back and app buttons light up but the main screen stays black. I tried using the screen off S-pen writing feature and that appears to still work plus I can hold the power button and get the Power Off and Restart options. I've tried Restarting and fully shutting down several times. When starting up it does the Samsung boot animations and for a few seconds I can see the Android lock screen but then suddenly the screen goes black and I can't get it to come back.

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to get a boot menu to force a factory reset by holding the power button and some combination of other buttons?

I am wondering if some system files got corrupted or something. I've only had it for a week so I can still easily take it back to Best Buy if it is a hardware failure.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Steps to Hard Reset:

Turn your Galaxy Tab S3 off.
Now Press & hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together until you see an Android lying on its back.
Use the volume keys to scroll down to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and use the Power button to confirm.

Google is your friend for stuff like this. I don't have a Tab but got this easily by Google search. You also may be able to find a users manual. If this doesn't work I'd be back in Best Buy very soon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol