Sprint Galaxy Tab SPH-P100 2.3.4 Rooted!

mj3396

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Where can I find the software and instructions on how to do this. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab SPH-P100 that I have never activated the Sprint connectivity on, just using it as a WIFI only tablet and I am not able to get the update to Gingerbread from Samsung ( they claim they don't have it) so this would be very helpful to me.

dahizzle

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Where can I find the software and instructions on how to do this. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab SPH-P100 that I have never activated the Sprint connectivity on, just using it as a WIFI only tablet and I am not able to get the update to Gingerbread from Samsung ( they claim they don't have it) so this would be very helpful to me.

Here you are my friend (there's a wealth of info on this site, look up Odin flash to get started). You do not need a pit file for this flash. You'll know what I'm talking about when you're ready to flash. Take your time!

【ROM】[SPRINT] Stock Gingerbread 2.3.4 ROOTED - xda-developers

Rebelvis

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My tab is also a Woot tab and I have no Sprint plan. Nevertheless, I still got the nag screen pop-up asking me to click for an important up-grade. I did and it was gingerbread.

I suspect yours is coming too. You might also try; menu--settings---about phone---check for update. In any event Sprint is pushing the update whether you've got Sprint service or not.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am doing what the instructions (XDA land) says, and is stuck on the 2 mid wrap up. Been over 5 minutes now.

Hope all is well....

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Soft brick. Would NOT install over rooted stock (Woot special). Needed to restore to default image via Odin. Then, the gingerbread rooted update worked as desired.

Of course, this totally wiped the data (not SD). But Google did not auto restore so I restored via My backup pro.

Some apps worked while others needed to be uninstalled and installed from market. Very annoying...

But it has gingerbread on it. And is rooted. And has Angry Birds w/o losing any progress.

Sbs9026

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Just did it to no contact Sprint G-Tab 10 min ago, it is working flawlessly! I went from Rooted Froyo EB25 to Rooted GB 2.3.4 EF17. Super Simple, easy to follow directions. Very glad I did it. Most notable change, its faster, web browsing on sites with lots of page info download faster, there is no screen pixilation like before with Froyo.

JaguarLord

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm new to the rooting thing but I Learned enough today to root my LG Optimus V with SuperOneClick. However, I'm having a real problem trying to root my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab SPH-P100 2.3.4. I tried the MegaUpload link up top, but it's no longer working, all I get is a NOTICE by the FBI & 2 other government centers. I tried another link that led me to a Chinese site, but even translated I can't find how to download the Quens_P100_EF17_ROOTED.rar. Is there another way???...

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm new to the rooting thing but I Learned enough today to root my LG Optimus V with SuperOneClick. However, I'm having a real problem trying to root my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab SPH-P100 2.3.4. I tried the MegaUpload link up top, but it's no longer working, all I get is a NOTICE by the FBI & 2 other government centers. I tried another link that led me to a Chinese site, but even translated I can't find how to download the Quens_P100_EF17_ROOTED.rar. Is there another way???...

xda-developers - View Single Post - 【ROM】[SPRINT] Stock Gingerbread 2.3.4 ROOTED
files are in the dropbox link.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4799256/Android Files/Samsung Galaxy Tab/Samsung Galaxy Root Kit.zip

Now with the procedure:

1. Download and unzip the files from the Dropbox link above (or any other original link you found or trust).

2. Make sure you have the USB driver installed on your Windows computer. As stated, the driver is included in the ZIP from the above Dropbox link (filename: Sprint_P100_Samsung_GALAXY_Tab_USB_Drivers).

3. Power-off the Tablet.

4. Put the tablet into "Download Mode" by pressing the [Volume-Down] and [Power] buttons until the download screen appears.

5. Connect the Tab to the computer with a USB cable.

6. Unzip the "Quens_P100_EF17_ROOTED" file (it's a RAR compressed file, so make sure you have a RAR extraction software - I use "Free RAR Extract Frog").

7. Open the new unzipped folder ("Quens_P100_EF17_ROOTED") and start the "Odin3 v1.85" application.

8. Click [PDA] and select the "Quens_P100_EF17_ROOTED_PDA" file.

9. Click [Start].

10. Just let it sit and work. When it says "PASS!", it's done.

awake77

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
xda-developers - View Single Post - 【ROM】[SPRINT] Stock Gingerbread 2.3.4 ROOTED
files are in the dropbox link.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4799256/Android Files/Samsung Galaxy Tab/Samsung Galaxy Root Kit.zip

Now with the procedure:

1. Download and unzip the files from the Dropbox link above (or any other original link you found or trust).

2. Make sure you have the USB driver installed on your Windows computer. As stated, the driver is included in the ZIP from the above Dropbox link (filename: Sprint_P100_Samsung_GALAXY_Tab_USB_Drivers).

3. Power-off the Tablet.

4. Put the tablet into "Download Mode" by pressing the [Volume-Down] and [Power] buttons until the download screen appears.

5. Connect the Tab to the computer with a USB cable.

6. Unzip the "Quens_P100_EF17_ROOTED" file (it's a RAR compressed file, so make sure you have a RAR extraction software - I use "Free RAR Extract Frog").

7. Open the new unzipped folder ("Quens_P100_EF17_ROOTED") and start the "Odin3 v1.85" application.

8. Click [PDA] and select the "Quens_P100_EF17_ROOTED_PDA" file.

9. Click [Start].

10. Just let it sit and work. When it says "PASS!", it's done.

this worked like a charm for me....now how can I put 4.0 on this sph-p100 ?

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I just bought this tablet this morning in perfect shape but its rooted on 2.2 froyo and i need to unroot it to go to GB but I cant find anything for unroot. Any help please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63