Need reccommedations on BT Keyboard for original tab

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Which version do you have? WiFi only or from a carrier? Are you running a custom ROM?

Some of the carrier models (VZW, for example) have the Bluetooth Keyboard profile disabled for some unfathomable reason so you're stuck with the dock accessory.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
what about sprint? Is the bt keyboard function disabled on mine as well?

It was originally disabled, but the functionality is restored if your installed the latest update to Gingerbread 2.3.4 that was pushed out a few weeks ago (aka update EF17). Now works like a charm with my old Dell Axim foldup bluetooth keyboard. :)

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought that BT keyboard function (HID profile) was restored with one of VZW's (non-GB) updates. Not true?

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
BTW - BT keyboard (HID profile) is disabled for the WiFi only version of the Tab FWIW (in additon to the inferior Proc and GPU, and probably being the last in line for any updates - pretty much makes for a craptastic tab experience - sorry, I'm bitter).

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I thought that BT keyboard function (HID profile) was restored with one of VZW's (non-GB) updates. Not true?

The would be even better news, the Tab is my mother's and I've only seen the reports that the BT keyboard cases don't work with the VZW model. While I like them a lot better than the stock keyboard dock I'm still not convinced they'd be the right call for her - she has enough trouble charging the Tab.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Search this forum for vzw updates pushed in march or april that fixed the HID keyboard problem. If she has the update, then check out the new logitech keyboard for android at various retailers such as best buy and walmart for about $60. I'm typing on it right now, and it works great with my sprint tab that just received the GB and HID profile updates. gl.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I was reading online someone picked up the motorola xoom BT keyboard and it works with the galaxy tab. Best buy has an online only sale on the xoom BT keyboards for 34.99 plus tax. For the price I figured I would lock up one at that price(50% off regular) and if it dont work it will get returned.

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a Logitech di Novo mini keyboard that I pair with lots of stuff. It's a small, portable thumb keyboard.