Detailed Review of all Three new Galaxy Tab 3s

tabletrus

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I spend lot of time reviewing all of the Galaxy Tab 3. I gained a lot from the these forums (mainly when I was using the HP Touchpad on Android) Hence want to give back what I did! I was luchy to get an early review items which I have since returned. summar I love the 8" formfactor and purchased one for myself

Galaxy Tab 3 7" : Amazon.com: rpv's review of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7-Inch, White)
Galaxy Tab 3 8" : Amazon.com: rpv's review of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (8-Inch, White)
Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" : Amazon.com: rpv's review of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1-Inch, White)

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Great review on the 8". I'm particularly trying to decide between the Note 8 and the Tab 3 8". I've seen refurbished Note 8's for $329 on eBay so its almost the same cost, the difference being that I'll be able to get the Tab 3 8" here in store soon and I'd have to travel 2 hours to get the Note 8 as they won't ship it to Canada.

If I read your review correctly you don't see much performance difference between them, is that correct? The 500MB difference in RAM isn't really that huge. I was wondering how much I care about the quad vs dual core but unless I plan on running a number of apps at the same time I don't think it should be a factor either. the S-pen would be great if I was still addicted to DrawSomething but I don't think its really that important at this point. I assume the Tab 3's are all running a similar software set to the S4 my daughter just bought.

tabletrus

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I would say Tab 3 8" will be perfect for your use case. Unless you are particular of the S-Pen and S-Note app, I would suggest both are more than enough. I had opportunity to play a very intense game Temple Run BRAVE in both Tab 3 8" and Tab 3 Note. I could not see the difference at all. Very smooth scrolling and user experience. Yes, Tab 3's are running similar software as S4 and will be equally capable of upgrades in future.

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for (both) replies :) I just wish I could find this somewhere in Canada. Best Buy only seems to have the 7" in both US and Canada. Amazon.com would ship here but Amazon.ca doesn't have it yet. I'm not seeing it anywhere. I did play with the 7" a bit in store. Seems pretty lag free itself. Had to interrupt a "knowledgeable" salesperson who was telling people they should buy a surface tablet because there is nothing like Word on the Galaxy Note they were looking at. I pointed out how good Polaris Office is.

tthoma

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I got the 8" a couple days ago, loving it. Replacing my 1st gen Kindle Fire, difference is night and day.
Only 2 things irking me so far (aside from lack of root!)
1 - auto brightness is too dim. Another review I read said there was an offset you could set but that must have been the prior firmware or something b/c I cannot find this option anywhere.
2 - long press on the menu button brings up Google Now. Very easy to do this accidentally when you're using in portrait mode and resting the tablet on your chest, stomach, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles