Is it a phone?

derichio02

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I am really interested in the galaxy tab but I am wondering if it will be able to make and receive calls for the appropriate carrier... Verizon for me

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
That blows big time. I was going to use one of my lines for an upgrade, and switch back to a feature phone.

If this is in the $600 to $800 range off contract why bother? I'll keep my laptop.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If you get the 3G version, it'll come with a phone #.

Installing Google Voice and linking a BT headset will allow you to use it as a phone. Samsung can't stop this.

MisterEich

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
If you get the 3G version, it'll come with a phone #.

Installing Google Voice and linking a BT headset will allow you to use it as a phone. Samsung can't stop this.

Can I guess then that it'll cost me an extra $10 to add a line plus the $30+ for a data plan?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Google Voice is free. All you need is the cheapest voice plan and unlimited data(I'd recommend unlimited data)

It does use your voice minutes, but sms is free.

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
if i have to have a contract with this then that is bull i dont need a contract with the ipad and it was 500 bucks so what if is smaller i dont want to spend more money on a contract then im locked in for 2 years for a stupid tab

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Google Voice is free. All you need is the cheapest voice plan and unlimited data(I'd recommend unlimited data)

It does use your voice minutes, but sms is free.

This does not have voice capabilities, therefore you do not need a voice plan, just a data phone.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately, it's wifi only for Sprint and you can't make phone calls with the other US versions.

will this be able to be unlocked thou?

since the tabs over seas will have voice capabilities, does that just mean that they are "disabled" via software lock and its something we could unlock via root???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta