Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VictoriaPa1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Charging issues

    I just got my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 Inch for Christmas this year. I'm now about at my wits end with the issue I have been having with charging it.

    The Mini USB/USB wire will not charge my device or recognize it via media when plugged into computer, when plugged into wall block I see no changes. However when I plug the same wire into my phone the block and Mini USB/USB work fine. To charge my tablet I have to use my phone's LG mini USB to wall charger. When I use the LG usb in a computer it recognizes it as a media device. Recently I decided to turn off my Tab and try to use the cables that have not been charging it when it was powered on and while powered off it will charge the device. I just turned the power back on the Tab and now on the main screen it states it's charging.

    My question do I have a problem here? Is it the wire, is it the port, settings, user error?

    ADVISE PLEASE!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Charging issues

    Did you try resetting your tab and repeat the procedure?
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  3. #3  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,574 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Charging issues

    Quote Originally Posted by kelleygirlmma View Post
    I just got my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 Inch for Christmas this year. I'm now about at my wits end with the issue I have been having with charging it.

    The Mini USB/USB wire will not charge my device or recognize it via media when plugged into computer, when plugged into wall block I see no changes. However when I plug the same wire into my phone the block and Mini USB/USB work fine. To charge my tablet I have to use my phone's LG mini USB to wall charger. When I use the LG usb in a computer it recognizes it as a media device. Recently I decided to turn off my Tab and try to use the cables that have not been charging it when it was powered on and while powered off it will charge the device. I just turned the power back on the Tab and now on the main screen it states it's charging.

    My question do I have a problem here? Is it the wire, is it the port, settings, user error?

    ADVISE PLEASE!
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you received any updates?

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Charging issues

    I do not want to FDR the device. I do not feel a FDR will repair this issue. It seems to be working now which is really strange cause for 30 days it has not worked that way. I finally just got fed up with it. When you say updates do you mean OS updates? I don not believe there have been any to the Android OS since KK 4.4
  5. #5  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,574 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Charging issues

    Quote Originally Posted by kelleygirlmma View Post
    I do not want to FDR the device. I do not feel a FDR will repair this issue. It seems to be working now which is really strange cause for 30 days it has not worked that way. I finally just got fed up with it. When you say updates do you mean OS updates? I don not believe there have been any to the Android OS since KK 4.4
    I would suggest to reboot into recovery and clear the system cache. Try this method: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Follow instructions for the S3.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Charging issues

    Well I just did that, we will see if this works perminately. It's so off again on again. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully this will resolve it so that it's 100% all the time. I will come back and update the status in a few days.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Charging issues

    So far so good. I would have never though that your cache would have anything to do with charging your device.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Charging issues

    Clearing out the cache is like blowing out the cobwebs in your system. Always a good place to start when you're having issues

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Charging issues

    So here's the real question. Worked fine from 2/5 till today 2/16 and now is back to not charging. Cleared the cache and boom it's fine. Should this happen this frequently, or is there another problem. Could this be software related. I know there are no updates (that I know about) past KitKat 4.4. ?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Charging issues

    Anybody???
  11. #11  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,574 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Charging issues

    Quote Originally Posted by kelleygirlmma View Post
    So here's the real question. Worked fine from 2/5 till today 2/16 and now is back to not charging. Cleared the cache and boom it's fine. Should this happen this frequently, or is there another problem. Could this be software related. I know there are no updates (that I know about) past KitKat 4.4. ?
    It does sound like a software issue, as clearing the cache seems to work for you. Perhaps even an app conflict.
    However you are correct in thinking that you shouldn't be doing a cache clear this often. I do on a monthly basis, but not because I need to but choose to.

    I may have missed this in your thread, but are you on 4.4?

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Charging issues

    I just tried to do a software update after checking I'm on 4.2 the software update it says I have most up to date. I just got device in December. I am wondering if I should just return it for a replacement (as much as that sucks) or what I should do. I have 30 days left on my period.
  13. #13  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,574 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Charging issues

    Quote Originally Posted by kelleygirlmma View Post
    I just tried to do a software update after checking I'm on 4.2 the software update it says I have most up to date. I just got device in December. I am wondering if I should just return it for a replacement (as much as that sucks) or what I should do. I have 30 days left on my period.
    I would exchange it. I can think of a few solutions, but no guarantees that they will work.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Charging issues

    Figures as much. Guess better to rule it out then deal with it for the life of the device. Well I could get it replaced later but if I can just take it to the store vs dealing with samsung quite yet then I guess it's best

Similar Threads

  1. Gallery issue
    By 5agarj79 in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 10:56 PM
  2. Email App Issues
    By MotoGarel in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 07:06 PM
  3. Google Nexus 7 II (2013) vs Nexus 10 GPS problem/issue
    By princeofdark in forum Google Nexus 10 Tablet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 05:47 PM
  4. HTC One - Black screen issue
    By MattHiggins89 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 03:16 PM
  5. Bluetooth keyboard issues: configuration, bugs, or something else?
    By Anoles in forum Google Nexus 10 Tablet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 01:29 PM

Posting Permissions

B