Best Buy Car Charger

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried the car charger being sold by Best Buy? I bought one, but everytime I tried using it, the Tab went into USB request mode... but would not start charging. So it's obviously getting some power. Just curious if I was the only one with this issue. Not sure if it's the car or the charger at this point.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone tried the car charger being sold by Best Buy? I bought one, but everytime I tried using it, the Tab went into USB request mode... but would not start charging. So it's obviously getting some power. Just curious if I was the only one with this issue. Not sure if it's the car or the charger at this point.

Did you see the battery charging animation on the battery? If not, it probably wasnt charging. Im curious to see as well if the charger we will. I guess I didnt do enough research I thought I could charge by usb, but only charges by wall charger. :(

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you see the battery charging animation on the battery? If not, it probably wasnt charging. Im curious to see as well if the charger we will. I guess I didnt do enough research I thought I could charge by usb, but only charges by wall charger. :(

No, it was definitely not charging. It continued to say "connect to charger". It was receiving at least *some* power though, because it asked me how I wanted to connect to USB.

As a temporary solution, I bought a 20 watt micro inverter that allows me to just plug in my wall charger. Not extremely elegant looking, but it serves its purpose for now.

Jahntassa

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Check the specs on the charger. The tab requires 2A at 5V, most standard USB devices work with 500ma (a quarter of the amperage). So you need a high amperage charger for the Tab.