change google calendar colors?

flamand

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to change the color bar next to an event in the calendar app? I use multiple google calendars and would like to be able to see at a glance which event belongs to which calendar.

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine does this automatically. I dont think you can directly select the color, but it does color code the events depending on which calendar they reside on (local, gmail, exchange). It won't show it directly on the calendar, but if you tap the day, the list of events will have it to the very left (a border along the left side with the associated color).

Jahntassa

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
My problem is that I have five calendars in my google account so all five have the same color bar to the left of the event.

I've been using Checkmark Calendar recently (there's a free, and paid version) in order to show the colors from Google. Seems to work fairly well for my needs.

fishmonger3

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Took me a while to figure this out...
Go to your google calendar on a computer. On the left-hand side there is a list of your calendars. Click on the arrow on the right-hand side of the calendar title, and a drop-down menu will show up. You can choose your colors from there.

Reactions: StoneRyno

gratarian

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Took me a while to figure this out...
Go to your google calendar on a computer. On the left-hand side there is a list of your calendars. Click on the arrow on the right-hand side of the calendar title, and a drop-down menu will show up. You can choose your colors from there.

Using this, I didn't see the change on my device. Had to un-check the calendar on my Android and then it updated to the color that I had set on the computer. Then re-checked and I had the new color.

Sydniey

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Sure. Here's how for the Note 4:
1. Select the Calendar app
2. Select the menu bar at the top right of the screen
3. From the drop down menu, select Calendars
4. Select the Palette at the top right of the screen (your calendars will already be listed and checked)
5. Select a specific calendar or feature to change that color

Last edited:

geminiman7

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Sure. Here's how for the Note 4:
1. Select the Calendar app
2. Select the menu bar at the top right of the screen
3. From the drop down menu, select Calendars
4. Select the Palette at the top right of the screen (your calendars will already be listed and checked)
5. Select a specific calendar or feature to change that color

I know this is an old thread but this answer does not work for EXCHANGE / ActiveSync accounts, as the option to change the color is missing, surprisingly!

Apparently, you simply cannot change the color of Exchange calendars in the Google Calendar app. So you must deal with whatever random color the app chooses to use for your Exchange calendar. In my case, it's an ugly purple color that isn't very easy to read.

With all of that being said, there is a band aid work-around for this, but users shouldn't have to go through this!

1) Download an app called "CalendarColors Trial" from the Google Play Store

(Do not open the app yet after you install it)

2) The trial version only lets you change the color of the VERY FIRST calendar in the list, so you must first HIDE all other calendars (via the Calendar app settings) if your Exchange calendar doesn't show up first (I don't recommend paying the $3 price for an outdated/unsupported app just to change a color).

3) Once you've hidden all other calendars (except your Exchange calendar), THEN you open the app and change the color of the Exchange calendar.

This worked on my new Galaxy S6 Edge surprisingly. But again, users should not have to rely on outdated/unsupported apps just to change a friggin calendar color!

Hope this helps for anyone searching...

Slinkynose

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Dude, this was exactly what I was looking for! I really love how the internet can deliver these hidden gems that answer the exact obscure question I am asking.

Unfortunately, using your method I always had a weather calendar above my exchange calendar. It was not listed on my mobile google calendar, but was in my browser version. I unchecked it, and even unsubscribed it, but it continued to show in the CalendarColors.

I continued searching for an alternative solution and discovered that because my exchange account is on the phone, and not imported into Google calendar, I cannot adjust many option about the calendar from the Google Calendar mobile app. I can however change things by opening S-Planner (Samsung calendar) and then opening settings. I was able to change the calendar event color, and those changes perpetuated over to the Google calendar app.

Hope this helps anyone who is still stumped.

sedilson

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
After read this, I looked for an app on Playstore and found this one:

Bojo Calendar Colors

Since I'm rookie I cannot post the link. Search on Playstore like above.

That worked great for me, allowing to change exchange color. No ad no annoying permissions.
You can give a try.

Posted via the Android Central App

David Timmons

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
1) Download an app called "CalendarColors Trial" from the Google Play Store

(Do not open the app yet after you install it)

2) The trial version only lets you change the color of the VERY FIRST calendar in the list, so you must first HIDE all other calendars (via the Calendar app settings) if your Exchange calendar doesn't show up first (I don't recommend paying the $3 price for an outdated/unsupported app just to change a color).

A year later, the paid version of CalendarColors is only $0.99 and works very well so far (running this on a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18