Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fishmonger3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Default change google calendar colors?

Is there a way to change the color bar next to an event in the calendar app? I use multiple google calendars and would like to be able to see at a glance which event belongs to which calendar.

Mine does this automatically. I dont think you can directly select the color, but it does color code the events depending on which calendar they reside on (local, gmail, exchange). It won't show it directly on the calendar, but if you tap the day, the list of events will have it to the very left (a border along the left side with the associated color).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

My problem is that I have five calendars in my google account so all five have the same color bar to the left of the event.

If your phone is rooted, here is an application you can download in the Market that will accomplish this:

Calendar Color Changer for Android | nowsci.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fmstrat View Post
    If your phone is rooted, here is an application you can download in the Market that will accomplish this:

Calendar Color Changer for Android | nowsci.com
    does not work and will not refund .. It's a scam!

Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    My problem is that I have five calendars in my google account so all five have the same color bar to the left of the event.
    I've been using Checkmark Calendar recently (there's a free, and paid version) in order to show the colors from Google. Seems to work fairly well for my needs.
    Probably posted from my Samsung Galaxy Tab

You can also use this app for changing the calendar colors: https://market.android.com/search?q=slintes&c=apps

Took me a while to figure this out...
    Go to your google calendar on a computer. On the left-hand side there is a list of your calendars. Click on the arrow on the right-hand side of the calendar title, and a drop-down menu will show up. You can choose your colors from there.
    Thanked by:
    jonfred likes this.

Default Re: change google calendar colors?

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger3 View Post
    Took me a while to figure this out...
    Go to your google calendar on a computer. On the left-hand side there is a list of your calendars. Click on the arrow on the right-hand side of the calendar title, and a drop-down menu will show up. You can choose your colors from there.
    Using this, I didn't see the change on my device. Had to un-check the calendar on my Android and then it updated to the color that I had set on the computer. Then re-checked and I had the new color.

change the color in your PC, and go to your device, click menu > refresh.

Sure. Here's how for the Note 4:
    1. Select the Calendar app
    2. Select the menu bar at the top right of the screen
    3. From the drop down menu, select Calendars
    4. Select the Palette at the top right of the screen (your calendars will already be listed and checked)
    5. Select a specific calendar or feature to change that color