1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tethering the Tab to a Nexus One? And turning off 3g?

I'm with T-Mobile (USA). My phone is the Nexus One. I bought the Galaxy Tab off contract. First, is there a way to turn off the 3g without rooting? I think it's running my battery down. Second, how do I tether the Tab to my Nexus One? And please tell me more than "install EZTether" (or whatever). Do I install it to the phone, or to the Tab, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by toddjy View Post
    I'm with T-Mobile (USA). My phone is the Nexus One. I bought the Galaxy Tab off contract. First, is there a way to turn off the 3g without rooting? I think it's running my battery down. Second, how do I tether the Tab to my Nexus One? And please tell me more than "install EZTether" (or whatever). Do I install it to the phone, or to the Tab, or both?
    You can turn off 3G by using only 2G or you can turn off mobile data completely. You do this by going to settings>wireless>mobile data and you can uncheck it there or switch to 2G (edge). Yes you can tether. Go to settings, wireless, and select tether. Simple. U don't need to install anything on the tab. I am assuming your running froyo on your nexus cuz this can only be done if froyo.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

The nexus should have it built in. Just turn on the hotspot on your nexus and the tab should see it. I've doing the same with my palm pre and works fine
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Okay. That was easy once I understood what to look for.

But when I said I bought the Tab off contract, I should have said without a data plan. I'm using it wifi only, so my battery is being used for nothing. Far as I can tell, I can't turn off cellular data, without turning off wifi too. I guess when I'm not using it, I can put into airplane mode. But I'd rather just turn cellular off.

Also, I swapped my N1 sim in, and the Tab asked me for a password to access the web. I didn't know my N1 had a password. Anybody know how I find out what it is?

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Hold the power button in....select "Data Network Mode" deactivate it.

A better solution would be to put the tab into airplane mode then go back into the settings and enable wifi only. They are independent of one another. However, if you want to use Bluetooth you need to disable airplane mode.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk