Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the tab 4g ready?

I am considering the tab, but is it 4g ready?

No, it would say 4G on it if it did.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well that bites, guess I will have to wait until a beter pad is released

Quote Originally Posted by gizzyman View Post
    Well that bites, guess I will have to wait until a beter pad is released
    Which 4G did you mean? HSPA+ "4G", LTE "4G", WiMax "4G" or LTE-Advanced/R10 4G?

If you meant ITU-approved, for real 4G it's going to be at least a couple years before any 4G device is available at all, let alone a tablet.

The current Galaxy tablets are:

t-mobile & att: Category 8 UE - 7.2 mbps HSDPA
    sprint & verizon: EVDO-A 3.1 mbps EVDO-A

For what it's worth, I have a t-mobile tab and don't really notice any download performance difference in most cases between it and a myTouch 4G. Alternatively you could get something like a Rover Spot and use it for access. It's uncapped (though rate controlled) and is as much 4G as LTE-r8 is (very similar technologies and everything).
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I am on verizon, so it would be there LTE I think its called. They are turning on 4g in my area soon they said (Phoenix), so was hoping for a 4g tablet

Quote Originally Posted by gizzyman View Post
    I am on verizon, so it would be there LTE I think its called. They are turning on 4g in my area soon they said (Phoenix), so was hoping for a 4g tablet
    That's probably a six month wait or more.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk