GTab as an E-reader?

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
How many of you are using it an e-reader? How is it on your eyes? My husband has an iPad and i use an Incredible phone. I was hoping I could use the iPad as an e-reader, but I'm finding that it's really hard on my eyes. Now I'm debating between a color Nook or a Galaxy Tab. I love the android os and would enjoy the added benefits of the G Tab, but if the screen is like the iPad I wouldn't be able to read books on it and would instead go for the nook. thoughts?

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
If the ipad is hard on your eyes then a Tab will be as well. A nook color would be a little easier on your eyes but the best for the sensitive eyes would be a kindle.

I do most of my reading on my kindle but I also have a kindle app on my Tab that I use when traveling and dont want to bring both devices. I find I can read comfortably all day with the kindle but with the Tab my eyes get a little tired around the 2 hour mark.

ddavtian

May 28, 2010
Visit site
the best for the sensitive eyes would be a kindle - the best would be e-ink book reader. Kindle is just one reader available, it's not a synonym of readers. I have Sony and Kindle readers, use them for long reading. Much better for eyes, they are like real books. But I also read on the tab, may be for up to 30 minutes.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I guess that settles it. I'll probably go with the Kindle and skip the GTab altogether, especially since my Incredible meets all my pocket-sized mobile needs perfectly.

piddonkadonk

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I honestly feel like it's really easy on my eyes. Was worried about it at first, but after years on my Kindle I'm loving the Galaxy Tab and the fact that it's a one stop shop for so many things. Just need to carry one device around with me know.

frenzy757

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
if the choice is between Nook Color and Tab go with the tab its like the same thing...

I changed the color to the brownish tan color and its much better on the eyes...

however, if you felt the Ipad was hard on the eyes, the tab wont be much better....

The thing about the tab for me was its much lighter and easier to hold in one hand in different positions (I tend to read on the couch and in bed)....yea the regular Kindle is better for pure reading, but I hate carrying around a ton of gadgets.