Sprint Galaxy Tab for a Christmas gift

Colt

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Android Enthusiasts,

I just purchased a Sprint Galaxy Tab for a gift to my father and have a few questions. First, will this device work using wi-fi only? I really don't wanna force him into having to add an additional service plan to his existing sprint account. The best buy salesman said it shouldn't be a requirement to activate through Sprint. Next question, will the device have access to the android market place using a wi-fi only connection? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I just noticed the 14 day return policy on the box and I really love Android, but don't have sprint service and don't wanna be stuck with it! Thanks

Colt

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Android Enthusiasts,

I just purchased a Sprint Galaxy Tab for a gift to my father and have a few questions. First, will this device work using wi-fi only? I really don't wanna force him into having to add an additional service plan to his existing sprint account. The best buy salesman said it shouldn't be a requirement to activate through Sprint. Next question, will the device have access to the android market place using a wi-fi only connection? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I just noticed the 14 day return policy on the box and I really love Android, but don't have sprint service and don't wanna be stuck with it! Thanks

Colt

There is currently no wifi only version out, its on hold right now for what ever reason. Yes it have access to the market and I would take it back if I were you or else you'll have a monthly bill. The salesman didn't know what he was talking about or he wanted to make a sale.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
14 day return policy? Where did you get it from?

It should follow Sprints 30 day gaurantee, I'd think, unless that doesn't apply since you didn't sign a contract... Or at least a 30 day store policy.

jackitoday

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Unless you signed a two year contract, you are not obligated to a data plan. Just turn data off and wifi on, and you will be fine -- and have access to the market just fine.

Don't take it back, your dad will love it!

rpitts9999

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't take back. I am sendingfrom my Galaxy Tab from Verizon over Wifi only. Bought with no contract and canceled the data plan the day after I bought it. I take mine everywhere.

Colt

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Guys!!! I really appreciate your input. It really looks like a sweet device, perfect for lounging around the house....which he does a lot of!

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Almost every Android device can be used as a wifi only device, I do it with my Vibrant all the time.

Sent from my Nexus S

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
You can bypass the activation.there is a thread on here that tells you how to do it. Don't take it back. Your dad is gonna love it. I truely like mine better than my iPhone and iPad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol