How to Activate Verizon Galaxy Tab

jamal2323

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
The bypass activation trick does work on the Verizon Tab. I just purchased 2 more Tabs from Best Buy for my mom and brother for christmas and did the bypass on one of them.

Reactions: tbannon4

tbannon4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
yea i want to have the option of verizon service, but i can't justify the extra money for the data plan when i already have unlimited on my droid. So by bypassing activation I will just use it for wifi

tbannon4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
you can buy it at the non-contract price from best buy. You can buy any of carriers at the non-contract price from best buy. they don't have to activate it, because best buy employees are not on commission. it maybe more expansive than the wifi only when it ever comes out, but by buying the carrier version I still do have the back up option of have service anywhere

jamal2323

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
you can actually get the verizon tab for $499 with one month of service

Right, this is the great thing about the Verizon version. Buy the Tab from Best Buy for $499 with a month to month with no activation fee and cancel the service once you leave the store :D

big58ben

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Why spend the bucks for wifi only

First let me say, I have a Verizon Tab and really like it for several reasons.

But why would I spend $600 or $500 on a device that is wifi only when there are a number of other tab based options.

The real strength of this device is the independent internet connection when needed. I have used tethering on virtually every cell smartphone I've had for the last 6 years. Always a bit of a hassle.

The ability to use GPS Google maps real time, virtually anytime - the ability to use Google Places while moving down the road - I could go on and on. But I think you get the point.

Like I say, just my 2 cents.

tbannon4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
First let me say, I have a Verizon Tab and really like it for several reasons.

But why would I spend $600 or $500 on a device that is wifi only when there are a number of other tab based options.

The real strength of this device is the independent internet connection when needed. I have used tethering on virtually every cell smartphone I've had for the last 6 years. Always a bit of a hassle.

The ability to use GPS Google maps real time, virtually anytime - the ability to use Google Places while moving down the road - I could go on and on. But I think you get the point.

Like I say, just my 2 cents.

I never planned on using the TAB as a large smartphone. This was more or less going to take the place of my laptop. Also its not like im really just spending that money on a wifi only, I still have the option of activating my service whenever. Plus I still have my smartphone if I need google maps turn by turn or google places

big58ben

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Yep. You got the points I was attempting to make. Just wanted to make sure you know the pluses of using the 3g connection.

I have tried to divorce my laptop a number of times. I loved the Ipad for this BUT it never quite got there from here. My travel mates are the Ipad (now the Samsung Tab) and a MacBook (with Windows 7 running in Boot Camp). The Tablet runs during the day while we travel but the MacBook pops up every night.

By the way I have traveled about 60,000 mile is the last year, sightseeing around the US. It kind of makes the Tab a no brainer for me.

Arikara

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Look out some verizon stores are going over board? I was in Minot,ND yesterday and they were selling them for 700 with a 4 month contract! What a rip off!