Bluetooth keyboard success

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have not noticed this in the forum, so thought I'd share.

I have successfully paired and use the Freedom Pro bluetooth keyboard with my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Very good too - I was prepared to return the Tab because of complications with connecting to bluetooth keyboards.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

CodeRedEd

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have not noticed this in the forum, so thought I'd share.

I have successfully paired and use the Freedom Pro bluetooth keyboard with my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Very good too - I was prepared to return the Tab because of complications with connecting to bluetooth keyboards.

How? Did the keyboard come with drivers? I've tried pairing my Sprint Tab with 3 keyboards with no success. Will pair but not connect. Thanks for any help.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
How? Did the keyboard come with drivers? I've tried pairing my Sprint Tab with 3 keyboards with no success. Will pair but not connect. Thanks for any help.

Actually Yes - the keyboard has a driver specific for Android operating system.

Manufacturer website: Freedom Pro Keyboard

driver website: OTAdrivers.com - Drivers for Freedom Input

FWIW: the keyboard also works very well with my EVO.

Cheers...

zombiedad

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got a Palm BT keyboard off Ebay.

Paired up right away with my AT&T Tab.

Of course, just like it would with Verizon or T-Mobile as well. Sprint is the only carrier that has crippled this functionality to try to sell a physical keyboard dock with their version of the GTab. Grrr....

jackitoday

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has a keyboard dock? And so that means I couldn't use the bluetooth keyboard?

Could you speak slowly for the less technical among us :)

zombiedad

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has a keyboard dock? And so that means I couldn't use the bluetooth keyboard?

Could you speak slowly for the less technical among us :)

Looks like I misspoke. Samsung has a physical external keyboard available at Galaxy Tab™ Full Size Keyboard Dock | Samsung Mobile.

I had thought it was available directly through Sprint, but see nothing at their accessory page for the tab.

This makes it even more frustrating that Sprint has diabled ability to connect bluetooth devices to their version of the tab. You can successfully pair, but not connect.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I do not believe Sprint is the only US carrier to disable the HID Profile.
Either way, it is frustrating that they crippled the device like this.

Hopefully a future update corrects this and other short comings like voice calls.

CharlotteJacket

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The AT&T version will also pair right out of the box with the Apple BT keyboard and trackpad. I normally avoid Apple as much as I can, but these two items travel well and pair instantly. I've appreciated having them on the road.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez