1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Printing with The Samsung Galaxy Tab

I am trying to print wirelessly from my tablet, but having some issues....does anyone know how to print from this if it's even possible?

Yes I want do get info on this also, what programs to use etc. What are the options available for printing?

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

FWIW I use PrinterShare app on all my Android devices and print to my HP Photosmart wireless printer. The printer is on my wifi network. This arrangement works well as I can print from my phone, tablet and computers.

PrinterShare is available in the Android Market.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    HalM 

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

wagadesa, Thanks for the tip. I just bought it and it works great!

Quote Originally Posted by HalM View Post
    wagadesa, Thanks for the tip. I just bought it and it works great!
    How much was it?
    Is there a free version?

Thanks, cb

Has anyone found a printing solution for the Galaxy Tab or Android in general? I bought Print Share and it is good for many things but I need to print documents from Docs-to-go. Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Interesting - I do this all the time with Docs to go and printer share combination.
    The key is to use the Google docs folder on Docs to go. Once the file that needs printing is saved in Google docs folder then open Printer Share and select Google docs and select the file for printing.

This works for me for quick mobile printing. Anything more intricate I simply print from PC.

OK, how do I get the file into Google Docs from Docs to Go? When I open a email and save it, it goes to Docs to Go not to Google Docs, how do I get the file into Google Docs, is this a stand alone program or something?

ok i got the file into google docs. Now when i select google docs in printer share, the file shows up but no way to select or print it.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

3 key points:
    1. You have to configure doc to go to be able to access google docs. You do this by entering your google credentials within docs to go.

2. Open the file of interest. from what you describe this probably a word or ppt document attached to email. Open the file with docs to go. Once open save the file to google docs. Use file save as and select google docs from the pop-up.

3. Open Printer Share. Select Google docs. Select the file of interest. Print the file.

Of course you must have a nearby printer available and set up within printer share. In my case it is a wifi printer on the same network as the Galaxy tab.

This method allows me to print using any Android device.

Good luck....

Thanked by:
    Nchaka 

I have noticed that you can also browse to any file, or while using the web browser, basically anywhere you can long-press and hit "Send", printershare is in your list of places to send to now.

It works great.

Buy one of the new HP wireless printers, it hooks you up with a email address thats yours only and you send anything to print to that address and it prints on your home printer from anywhere..

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

yep that seems to be the only way to get wireless printing these days. i have a nice lexmark and it really sucks i can`t print to it.

Question Re: Printing with The Samsung Galaxy Tab

I do not have a wireless printer, but I have an HP color laser printer on my local network.

Can I print to it from my Galaxy TAB 10.1?

Thanks