How do I delete multiple emails in POP acct.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
How do I delete multiple emails from my POP account. When using my Gmail account I just click the box next to multiple emails and then hit delete but there is no box next to POP emails.

scooter2869

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
while viewing your emails, hit the menu button and select delete. the screen will change and you will see x buttons beside the emails. you can select each one or push the menu button again and select mark all to delete all of the emails.- evo 4g

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The upper left menu option is Delete. Select Delete and then the option to check the mails you want to delete shows up as a last column.

Just to be clear, you want to press Menu at the main email screen, not in an open message.

Hippie

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope dont see it..

I am in my email pop3 inbox.

1) I press menu button and 6 boxes pop up.. (delete is the top left one)

2) I press delete and check boxes appear down the right side of the screen next to each email message allowing me to check each one and on the bottom of the screen there is a delete button on the left and a cancel button on the right.

3) I press the menu button again and a Brightness Setting button now appears across the bottom of the touch screen...

Nothing at all that allows me to "mark all" or "select all" or "delete all"

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I read your post wrong. You are correct, when you press menu a second time, there is no select all option. This is likely an HTC Sense feature and isn't anywhere to be found on the SGT.

Hippie

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
what a joke..
when you delete one at a time from the inbox, it just puts them in a trash folder which now has about 1000 emails to be deleted.. again one at a time..

I think I will just delete the pop 3 account and then re-enter it again.. That should delete all associated mail and folders correct?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The problem with POP3 is that it doesn't sync with your mail account in the cloud. So whatever you delete on the Tab doesn't delete on the ISP side (unless you have it set to remove messages from server). So if you delete the POP3 account from the Tab, it will download all the messages on the server side for the amount of days that you set for display, including the ones that you deleted on the phone but not the server.

This is why I moved everything to GMail. If I send an email out of POP3, it's trapped on the phone unless I CC myself. GMail syncs all deletions and sent items to the cloud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid