Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab unresponsive and hangs every few seconds

My G Tab has been pretty flawless until a few days ago. It recently started hanging up every few seconds which is causing scrolling and swiping issues. It also sometimes takes a few seconds to respond to input. I have not installed any new apps lately so I'm not sure what caused this.

Has anybody experienced this? I'm on the verge of a hard reset if this doesn't get better. Its very annoying. I'm also considering taking it back for a warranty exchange, if a hard reset does not help.

I've heard of Galaxy S phones having issues with hanging, is this the same thing? I have an Evo and it never does this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
    My G Tab has been pretty flawless until a few days ago. It recently started hanging up every few seconds which is causing scrolling and swiping issues. It also sometimes takes a few seconds to respond to input. I have not installed any new apps lately so I'm not sure what caused this.

Has anybody experienced this? I'm on the verge of a hard reset if this doesn't get better. Its very annoying. I'm also considering taking it back for a warranty exchange, if a hard reset does not help.

I've heard of Galaxy S phones having issues with hanging, is this the same thing? I have an Evo and it never does this.
    I have a fascinate and i never have this problem.... do you have an app killer installed, are you using a launcher replacement ?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm only running the stock task manager and do not use a replacement launcher. I don't feel the need for a third party task manager. The stock one seems to do just fine. Never tried a replacement launcher though.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I'm only running the stock task manager and do not use a replacement launcher. I don't feel the need for a third party task manager. The stock one seems to do just fine. Never tried a replacement launcher though.
    i mean if it was working flawless then all of a sudden went bad i would say something updated and now you have conflicting code going on , yeah the best option would be a factory restore or start uninstalling apps till you find what it is.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    i mean if it was working flawless then all of a sudden went bad i would say something updated and now you have conflicting code going on , yeah the best option would be a factory restore or start uninstalling apps till you find what it is.
    That's what I was thinking. Something updated and got borked. Im just gonna do a factory reset and start over.

I'm still interested to see how many people have seen this.

Thanks for your help and the quike response.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

That's what I was thinking. Something updated and got borked. Im just gonna do a factory reset and start over.

I'm still interested to see how many people have seen this.

Thanks for your help and the quike response.
    anytime, i think i have an addiction to trying to help people lol good luck
    Thanked by: