1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

Default Camera quality between X and Tab

I have been doing some comparing my X to my Tab and the Tab seems to take better pics in most cases. The X is better outside in daytime but indoors or low light the Tab is way better. The colors look more accurate on the Tab as well. Even at 3.2mp I think I may reach for the Tab more than the X now. I am very impressed.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    annek 

Same observation here.. The Tab is much better in low lighting than my X..

Global Posts
    1,820 Global Posts

Same story here. Tab takes better pictures than 8mp EVO. I think it does a much better job with auto white balance and exposure.

Sent from my SGH-I987 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

I am now toying with the idea (just a little) of just activating my tiny little old dumbphone, dropping the data plan on the phone and carrying the Tab too. Man that is geeky but it would keep my cost monthly the same as b4 the Tab.

Quote Originally Posted by curney View Post
    I am now toying with the idea (just a little) of just activating my tiny little old dumbphone, dropping the data plan on the phone and carrying the Tab too. Man that is geeky but it would keep my cost monthly the same as b4 the Tab.

That is exactly what I did...sold the X for $300 activated a razor and carry both all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by curney View Post
    As an Evo fanboy who couldn't wait until the Evo 2 came out, the Galaxy Tab disrupted everything. All I need from a phone now is messaging, voice, music, and camera. The first three are the same on any Android phone, so my only concern for my next phone is a higher quality camera than the one I have. The Evo was the ultimate convergence device, but the Galaxy Tab is diverging everything again. I can't even bear to watch video on my Evo anymore, but back in the day, it was the greatest thing ever.

As far as picture quality goes -- maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I find the picture quality on my Sprint Galaxy Tab to be subpar, with bluish colors and a grainy cast. I much prefer to use my Evo for pictures, both for ease of use and the output. And I'm not being fooled by the megapixels -- my Evo is set to 5MP anyway. I just find the Evo pictures to look better.

If photography is your thing, there's no question that you'll want to stick with X.It has much better image quality compared with GALAXY TAB.

I have a need to take small (kb wise) pictures with the Tab for a reporting app we use to do inspections. The tab only seems to go down to 800 by 600 which severely limits the amount of pictures I can take within the inspection form (2.5mb max file size) Does anyone have any suggestions for a camera app that will allow me to choose a smaller picture?

I am extremely excited about the performance and quality of my tab, however it is not as good as my epics it is up there... however i could never imagine getting rid of my epic and going back to my dumb phone...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

Nothing is ever perfect for long...I was soooo happy with my X a few weeks ago and now it seems so tiny. What I realty want now is an X with a 6" screen at the tabs resolution.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

Yeah, I think you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty Mo View Post
    I am extremely excited about the performance and quality of my tab, however it is not as good as my epics it is up there... however i could never imagine getting rid of my epic and going back to my dumb phone...