01-31-2011 09:11 AM
37 12
tools
    All set now. Works great. Thanks for the help.
    01-10-2011 01:33 AM
    All set now. Works great. Thanks for the help.
    Any time! Glad I could help. Feel free to hit that little button on the bottom right.
    NHBass39 and CharlotteJacket like this.
    01-10-2011 07:57 AM
    I think I positively HATE Verizon. I just got my Verizon G-tab two weeks ago and the sales weasel told me that the data plan included messaging. Lies. Anyway, thanks for the googlevoice tips. Now, I wonder, any way to send free MMS? I am kind of irritated because the Verizon sales weasel also told me that the G-tab can be used with video enabled Skype, which is clearly NOT the case. I would love to be able to send pics/video via messaging but I refuse to buy a Verizon messaging plan because it is a total rip off. LOVE my Tab, btw
    01-15-2011 04:41 PM
    2 weeks? Can't you still return it? I have Verizon for voice so don't think I'm being a hater but their 3g is the slowest and they want extra money for texting. In 3g areas (not as many as vzn but where I live) I get 3mbs down on tmo where as i used to get 800k tops on vzn. Sprint also has a great price in 2gb and includes text.

I think I positively HATE Verizon. I just got my Verizon G-tab two weeks ago and the sales weasel told me that the data plan included messaging. Lies. Anyway, thanks for the googlevoice tips. Now, I wonder, any way to send free MMS? I am kind of irritated because the Verizon sales weasel also told me that the G-tab can be used with video enabled Skype, which is clearly NOT the case. I would love to be able to send pics/video via messaging but I refuse to buy a Verizon messaging plan because it is a total rip off. LOVE my Tab, btw

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk
    01-15-2011 05:36 PM
    2 weeks? Can't you still return it? I have Verizon for voice so don't think I'm being a hater but their 3g is the slowest and they want extra money for texting. In 3g areas (not as many as vzn but where I live) I get 3mbs down on tmo where as i used to get 800k tops on vzn. Sprint also has a great price in 2gb and includes text.

I could and still might return it for a Sprint Tab. My only worry with that is being trapped in a two year contract. I love Sprint for my phones, I'm not sure that data is necessary on the GTab. Verizon is month to month, so I don't know if it's worth it to pay Sprint for two years so I can have mms?! Seems silly to pay for 3G on this when I could drop Verizon and go wifi only. I'm undecided.
    01-15-2011 07:57 PM
    Most people have smartphones today. You could use something like yahoo messenger or another program like Curney mentioned.
    01-15-2011 08:41 PM
    Yeah, and i'm one of them. I just think it's cruddy the way Verizon basically cripples the device by making everything an additional charge. Still, I don't want to be stuck in a contract with Sprint. I wonder how necessary 3G really is. Especially if all the Verizon data plan gives you is connectivity. I live in a college town -- wifi is everywhere.
    01-15-2011 08:59 PM
    I got my T-Mobile for $250 on contract full well believing that I would cancel the data plan and pay the $200 etf fee. That makes it $450 no contract. Now I'm not chanting you go that route but its an option. What is the etf for sprint? I bet you can get it for less than the $399 if you ask. If you get it for 299 and the etf is the same 200 then its the same price you paid. I think you can do data month to month with any of the 4 carriers. That being the case the 2gb with sprint is a pretty good plan. I try to use the carriers like they use me. I haven't paid for a phone in years. I always sell my old phone when I get a new one and get them to give me discounts. I don't feel bad bargaining. They make out like bandits.

I could and still might return it for a Sprint Tab. My only worry with that is being trapped in a two year contract. I love Sprint for my phones, I'm not sure that data is necessary on the GTab. Verizon is month to month, so I don't know if it's worth it to pay Sprint for two years so I can have mms?! Seems silly to pay for 3G on this when I could drop Verizon and go wifi only. I'm undecided.

01-15-2011 09:12 PM
    I got the sprint tab off of eBay. You can find them there for pretty good lives. They get cheaper everyday. I saw a unlocked tab for 678.00. Which is not bad price. I use mine w/ the virgin mobile mifi unlimited data for $40 a month and it is month to month.
    01-15-2011 09:58 PM
    I returned the Verizon GTab today (on the 14th day). I got them to refund the ridiculous restocking fee and I drove directly across the street to Best Buy and got the Sprint version. Thanks for the advice, btw. I think, if I am going to use the 3G (which I will because I love the device configured that way -- it's more useful to me) I may as well be able to send/recieve unlimited sms/mms. Plus, the Sprint deal with the 2gigs gives me just that much more 3G playtime AND... I was able to get a protection plan, which was NOT available from Verizon. Verizon is suckmost as far as nickel and diming customers. Sorry if I sound like a hater, but after dealing with Sprint's superior data plans and packages for so many years, Verizon's stingy plans were a rude awakening.
    01-16-2011 06:26 PM
    Google Voice not available in my neck of the woods, but I can highly recommend Whatsapp.
    You can also communicate with lesser individuals using iPhone and BB
    01-22-2011 02:47 AM
    Again thanks for the info! I followed your directions however when i go to compose text it will not allow me to send test text. Displays "message could not be sent"
    01-31-2011 09:11 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD