Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

All set now. Works great. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    All set now. Works great. Thanks for the help.
    Any time! Glad I could help. Feel free to hit that little button on the bottom right.
    Thanked by 2:

Question Thanks! Any way to send Free MMS?

I think I positively HATE Verizon. I just got my Verizon G-tab two weeks ago and the sales weasel told me that the data plan included messaging. Lies. Anyway, thanks for the googlevoice tips. Now, I wonder, any way to send free MMS? I am kind of irritated because the Verizon sales weasel also told me that the G-tab can be used with video enabled Skype, which is clearly NOT the case. I would love to be able to send pics/video via messaging but I refuse to buy a Verizon messaging plan because it is a total rip off. LOVE my Tab, btw

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

2 weeks? Can't you still return it? I have Verizon for voice so don't think I'm being a hater but their 3g is the slowest and they want extra money for texting. In 3g areas (not as many as vzn but where I live) I get 3mbs down on tmo where as i used to get 800k tops on vzn. Sprint also has a great price in 2gb and includes text.

Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    I think I positively HATE Verizon. I just got my Verizon G-tab two weeks ago and the sales weasel told me that the data plan included messaging. Lies. Anyway, thanks for the googlevoice tips. Now, I wonder, any way to send free MMS? I am kind of irritated because the Verizon sales weasel also told me that the G-tab can be used with video enabled Skype, which is clearly NOT the case. I would love to be able to send pics/video via messaging but I refuse to buy a Verizon messaging plan because it is a total rip off. LOVE my Tab, btw

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by curney View Post
    2 weeks? Can't you still return it? I have Verizon for voice so don't think I'm being a hater but their 3g is the slowest and they want extra money for texting. In 3g areas (not as many as vzn but where I live) I get 3mbs down on tmo where as i used to get 800k tops on vzn. Sprint also has a great price in 2gb and includes text.

I could and still might return it for a Sprint Tab. My only worry with that is being trapped in a two year contract. I love Sprint for my phones, I'm not sure that data is necessary on the GTab. Verizon is month to month, so I don't know if it's worth it to pay Sprint for two years so I can have mms?! Seems silly to pay for 3G on this when I could drop Verizon and go wifi only. I'm undecided.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Most people have smartphones today. You could use something like yahoo messenger or another program like Curney mentioned.

Yeah, and i'm one of them. I just think it's cruddy the way Verizon basically cripples the device by making everything an additional charge. Still, I don't want to be stuck in a contract with Sprint. I wonder how necessary 3G really is. Especially if all the Verizon data plan gives you is connectivity. I live in a college town -- wifi is everywhere.

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

I got my T-Mobile for $250 on contract full well believing that I would cancel the data plan and pay the $200 etf fee. That makes it $450 no contract. Now I'm not chanting you go that route but its an option. What is the etf for sprint? I bet you can get it for less than the $399 if you ask. If you get it for 299 and the etf is the same 200 then its the same price you paid. I think you can do data month to month with any of the 4 carriers. That being the case the 2gb with sprint is a pretty good plan. I try to use the carriers like they use me. I haven't paid for a phone in years. I always sell my old phone when I get a new one and get them to give me discounts. I don't feel bad bargaining. They make out like bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    I could and still might return it for a Sprint Tab. My only worry with that is being trapped in a two year contract. I love Sprint for my phones, I'm not sure that data is necessary on the GTab. Verizon is month to month, so I don't know if it's worth it to pay Sprint for two years so I can have mms?! Seems silly to pay for 3G on this when I could drop Verizon and go wifi only. I'm undecided.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got the sprint tab off of eBay. You can find them there for pretty good lives. They get cheaper everyday. I saw a unlocked tab for 678.00. Which is not bad price. I use mine w/ the virgin mobile mifi unlimited data for $40 a month and it is month to month.

I returned the Verizon GTab today (on the 14th day). I got them to refund the ridiculous restocking fee and I drove directly across the street to Best Buy and got the Sprint version. Thanks for the advice, btw. I think, if I am going to use the 3G (which I will because I love the device configured that way -- it's more useful to me) I may as well be able to send/recieve unlimited sms/mms. Plus, the Sprint deal with the 2gigs gives me just that much more 3G playtime AND... I was able to get a protection plan, which was NOT available from Verizon. Verizon is suckmost as far as nickel and diming customers. Sorry if I sound like a hater, but after dealing with Sprint's superior data plans and packages for so many years, Verizon's stingy plans were a rude awakening.

Google Voice not available in my neck of the woods, but I can highly recommend Whatsapp.
    You can also communicate with lesser individuals using iPhone and BB
    HD2 LEO and Galaxy Tablet
    Android: MCCM Desire HD v 3.0.2
    http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/72939...llery?h=d6c566
    New Year Resolution: 1024x600 Galaxy Tablet

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    ROM

Again thanks for the info! I followed your directions however when i go to compose text it will not allow me to send test text. Displays "message could not be sent"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12