Galaxy Tab - Will it play Facebook games like Car Town etc?

Stevies#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

I've seen a good deal on a Samsung Galaxy Tab and I'm seriously tempted to go for it for my wife. Her netbook gave up the ghost last month and she's been holding out for a tablet and all she uses it for is Facebook, general browsing and email.

I had been holding out for the Playbook/Xoom etc release dates and pricing but I'm over in the UK and it will probably take longer and cost more than you folks who are Stateside.

Currently we both have Bold 9700's but it will take something special to keep her on a BB by the end of contract at the end of the year.

Appreciate the advice.

Thanks

Stevie

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to AC!! I do not play games on FB, but I think the Tab would support that. What you will most likely need to do is download a different browser, that will allow you browse the web as a desktop, as opposed to a mobile device. I use Dolphin Browser HD, and it has the option to switch to a desktop setup.

I ditched my laptop for the Tab as well, and I have no regrets. I use LogMeIn to connect with my desktop if I need something. I think it is a great device, and the right size for portability. Others may have more info about this, but I think you would be okay.

Stevies#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank for the welcome - I'm coming over from Crackberry where I make themes. Might just need to start making Android themes as well!

Thank for the information, want to be 100% certain since that it what it will be used for most. I was thinking of making the switch to a tablet for myself but I use to many heavy programs so upgraded the laptop instead which we're now sharing.

Thanks

Stevie

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
From my experience they do not work... They may load, but you can't interact or actually play them. Its probably very browser dependent though.

I think I've tried some of the games with Dolphin, miren, skyfire etc and none of them let me play.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I got car town to load but it didn't seem to work very well. Probably a pass if that's your #1.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

MasterRy88

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
well I dont know about car town but for facebook games on a touch device its hard. normally you would need a keyboard to play most of the games (except for the click only games) and since you really dont have a "keyboard" they dont work. My roomate plays a farming game and that works 100% fine because all you do is click. I tried playing a game where you control a character and it didnt work since you need the arrow keys and some other keys to play the game.

Reactions: Stevies#AC

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
someguyredeye