Master reset leaves some data on device..why?

sasiki

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I need to totally wipe my Sprint tab to factory default but the 'reset phone erase everything' leaves some apps and data on the device. I also tried doing it with the SD card removed. Any ideas? It also didn't ask me to reactivate the data service.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You need to do a complete reset of the device. I'm not sure how the tab work, but you need wipe the phone completely, thus forcing the device to automatically re-activate itself. On my EVO I press ##786# put in my MSL code, and proceed to reset the device. Voila. Device is revert to a fresh OS. Everything is wipe clean.

sasiki

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll call sprint tomorrow and see if they can tell me how to do it. Without a dialer, I'm not sure I could get to that screen.

sasiki

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, Sprint tech support couldn't help. All he was able to do is walk me through the standard 'total reset' procedure, which leaves my Google account set up and several apps still on the device. I guess I need the factory firmware to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried unchecking the backup and auto restore. On my T-Mobile Tab these are on the same screen as the factory reset.

Haven't tried it myself, but good luck.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

sasiki

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I received 2 more Tabs today for my sales reps. They both work fine as far as factory restore. I noticed that the bad one goes to the boot loader when I initiate the restore through the Android software. The new ones do not. They format and reboot back into the operating system. Sprint is going to exchange the bad one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12