VZW Galaxy Tab ROM question

ArtVandelay

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys:

Don't shoot the messenger - My buddy just got a VZW tab and I already Z4 rooted it for him, but are there ANY custom ROMs for this thing? Seems like it's all for GSM.

Any help!?!?

Thanks! :)

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm afraid you're not going to find much, if anything. I rooted so I could use Titanium to freeze all the Verizon bloatware, and it also happened to fix the disappearing desktop icons problem. But aside from that, the lack of roms has been disappointing, and I don't think it's going to get any better at this point.

Morolinith

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
It is possible to use the ROTO ROMS if you dont mind turning the tablet into a permanent WIFI only device.

I flashed a modified Roto JME rom to my sprint tab to enable Bluetooth HID.

I had to open the .tar file with 7zip and delete movinand.mft, then followed the instructions on XDA Developers site where I got the ROM from.

The file also has modem.bin that will kill 3G and GPS on CDMA Tabs.

I assume you could delete the modem file and Flash it. That may not disable your modem, no idea.

I did it because I have no need for 3G and wanted to use my mouse/keyboard.

I would not recomend doing this unless you are 100% sure you want a WIFI Tablet as no one has been able to figure out how to dump a CDMA modem.bin yet. It looks like it works but opening the file in a hex editor shows the whole file is filled with FFFF.

M.

pic8picard

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So, dumb question. If I were to happen to flash it, is there a way to flash it back to stock and get 3G and GPS back? I've flashed it back to SCH-I800_VZW_stock but still have "No service" and have no idea how to get it back. Thanks in advance!

P