Anyone know a fix for the browser lag on the Galaxy Tab?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be a common problem on the SGT and most Samsung phones. I've read there is a Lag Fix that I can install but all I can find are lag fixes for Samsung phones. Its pretty annoying while scrolling through pages in the browser.... text becomes choppy and pages are slow to render...only happens in the browser while scrolling.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm wondering if I should return it and try another one. I bought this one as an open box item from Bestbuy.
Anyone have any fixes? Does anyone else's tab have this problem?

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I use Dolphin HD, instead of the stock browser. I was having some issues, and when i switched browsers, the lag seemed to not occur.

I would try some different browsers to see if you like one better.

Dolphin HD, Opera, Skyfire, etc.

Reactions: Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Just tried Dolphin. It fixes the rendering while scrolling and is not as choppy looking but its not as smooth as it should be. I hope Samsung has an update fix for this soon or I might be returning this thing.

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Just head over to XDA and flash the latest "Roto" European firmware. Its easily twice as fast as the stock ATT firmware and the browser absolutely rips. Plus you can make phone calls if you want to.

Oh BTW, the European firmware will only work on a GSM tab so it you have a sprint or verizon one take it back and get the ATT version.

Reactions: Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.... yea I have the Sprint version. Its not as bad anymore. Im using the One Click Lag Fix from the market and Dolphins browser. Everything's pretty good now.... no complaints.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am going to try the "one click lag fix" you are talking about....interesting.

Thanks.... yea I have the Sprint version. Its not as bad anymore. Im using the One Click Lag Fix from the market and Dolphins browser. Everything's pretty good now.... no complaints.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: All4TheFam

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
So I just installed it and I do think the browser is snappier. I just used the recommended setting and got a 2100 on quadrant. I'm wonder what the catch is. Thanks for the article. My keyboard seems faster too.

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So how exactly does that app work?? Just install app, click on install the EXT2 tools and that's it?

What were your guys set up with oclf??

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

upperking#AC

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
QUOTE FROM THE COMMENTS ON THAT SITE!

Applying the Galaxy S lag fix on the Tab only speeds up Quadrant, not anything else. My Tab is rooted, and I did apply OCLF – and there was absolutely no difference in day to day usage. When I changed ROM, I didn’t both with OCLF, and once again did not notice any difference – yet according my Quadrant score dropped from 2100 to less than 1000.
You’re recommending rooting the device to apply a fix that in reality doesn’t “fix” anything. A far better fix is to apply the JM6 ROM, but this is only for GSM Tabs.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
That's the problem... we are on cdma tabs.... i said it had mixed review but I was at the point of returning my tab because of the text looking choppy and the screen slowly rendering web pages while scrolling. As a last resort I tried OCLF...I went through all of the settings as they became available except for changing the boot animation. Whatever it did...it worked. When I only installed Dolphin it did fix the rendering of the pages but trying to read the words on web pages was unbearable. They were still glitching to the point of I felt like I was going blind trying to read anything. Once I ran the OCLF it fixed the glitches. Now everything is running smooth and I'm keeping my tab.
Do what works for you.... for me everything is nice and smooth now.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I feel like its faster. I will report back in a few more days. It resets the phone when its done installing so that could be part of it. It seems like its kind of like increasing the page pool in windows. I will say that my phone hasn't crashed so that's cool.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I rooted and tried this but keep getting an error with code: Could not mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 onto /dbdata/rfsdata: mount: device or resource Busy.

Any ideas?

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just head over to XDA and flash the latest "Roto" European firmware. Its easily twice as fast as the stock ATT firmware and the browser absolutely rips. Plus you can make phone calls if you want to.

Oh BTW, the European firmware will only work on a GSM tab so it you have a sprint or verizon one take it back and get the ATT version.

This works on the Tmobile version, too?

All4TheFam

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
We have 2 Verizon Tabs here rooted with superoneclickv1.7, oclf, and super manager installed runs great, almost as fast as our fascinates.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
That's the problem... we are on cdma tabs.... i said it had mixed review but I was at the point of returning my tab because of the text looking choppy and the screen slowly rendering web pages while scrolling. As a last resort I tried OCLF...I went through all of the settings as they became available except for changing the boot animation. Whatever it did...it worked. When I only installed Dolphin it did fix the rendering of the pages but trying to read the words on web pages was unbearable. They were still glitching to the point of I felt like I was going blind trying to read anything. Once I ran the OCLF it fixed the glitches. Now everything is running smooth and I'm keeping my tab.
Do what works for you.... for me everything is nice and smooth now.

My experience has been the same with my VZW Tab. OCLF has absolutely made my Tab fly. No more snags; no more lock-ups; no more lag. I can't comment on browser speed since I never noticed a problem with that to begin with, but everything else is simply faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair