Turn off tap sound when typing? Driving me nuts!

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to turn off the sound the keypad makes everytime you type a letter? Like the little click sound? When using swype it doesnt make a sound but when not using swype it does and its driving me nuts! Thanks.

Melissa

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Pull down you notification bar and hit the silent setting. Or you can try another keyboard like swift. I agree the sound is very annoying.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what the settings are in your phone, but some have an option to turn that off in the keyboard settings.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo

armdavid2

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
go to sound settings, vibration intensity....adjust there.
Same place on all 2.2 phones/tablets. same problem with evo....was wicked loud

sybrants5505

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
turning off key click-Samsung Fasinate

This has been driving me crazy and after seeing this thread I did figure it out. I would only assume it's the same for most android phones.
Go to settings, language & keyboard, android keyboard and make sure sound on keypress is unchecked. :)

prezmater

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
This has been driving me crazy and after seeing this thread I did figure it out. I would only assume it's the same for most android phones.
Go to settings, language & keyboard, android keyboard and make sure sound on keypress is unchecked. :)

But alas the SGT uses a Samsung Keyboard and not the Android Keyboard. It also has Swype pre-installed, but I find it awkward to use on my Tab, but you could try it.

I personally installed GingerKeyboard on my Tab, same with both of my EVOs and my buddies Eris. So much better (IMO).

Nubs#AC

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just turn the "System Volume" down to nothing. Basically, just do this when your SGT is on it's home screen. Hit the volume down arrow on the side, and the keypad clicking will go away. :cool:

Mrs davis

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I've have the solution! I just this phone yesterday and that noise had to go!

Here is what you do (tested only on htc evo 3d):
Go to settings
Then sounds
Turn audible touchtones off

The keyboard still vibrates but the clicking sound is enabled. Happy typing!

CCoreJr

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Go Setting>Language and Input>the click the gear next to samsung keyboard>advanced> then uncheck the tey tap vibrations and key tap sound. Hope this helps

mom_of_many

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I am the odd woman out here, I want the sound...I figured out how to turn it on but I can barely hear it, turned up all my sound settings I could find and its still barely making any sound..how can I turn it up?O:)

Evar4life

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
That worked for my Samsung Galaxy Note II. Thanks!!!
Settings - Language and Input - Samsung Keyboard (Click on the Gear Next to it on the right hand) - Advanced - Key-tap sound Uncheck.

Valkem

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
That was what I was looking for. I had everything adjusted about right, and I couldn't get the stupid keyboard to quit making tap-tap-tap while I was texting.

Speaking of annoying, a person at the store still had their droid set to the robot voice "DROID" with every notification. She was also a text hound. I would say after about 20 times in 2 minutes, I started chewing my phone case and pacing the floor, so i wouldn't go to jail.

britt93

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it is quite the same but, i have a galaxy stellar. Settings -> Sound -> Volume -> Adjust "System" to the lowest setting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000