Ask a guy that sold his tab and now has a xoom in his hand any ?s

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure some galaxy tab owners are wondering about the new xoom. Ask me anything!

I'm sure this will come up.

How is the size?
early on this thing feels too big. I miss holding my galaxy tab while using it. I seem to alway have to place this thing down or against something to use it.

csmith75

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The size is the biggest question I had. The jkontherun review showed the Gtab next to the Xoom and it looked massive.

What about Honeycomb? How stable is it? Most of the reviews are reporting multiple crashes.

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The size is the biggest question I had. The jkontherun review showed the Gtab next to the Xoom and it looked massive.

What about Honeycomb? How stable is it? Most of the reviews are reporting multiple crashes.

Yeah I've been getting a few crashes here and there. I'm sure all those kinks will be ironed out as updates start to come down. Any brand new technology going to have bugs.

Again with the size.... If your in love with the size of the Galaxy tab and you feel that the xoom is just tooo big you are right. I dont really know how to hold this thing and use it at the same time.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I am torn between the Xoom and HTC Flyer, size being the biggest thing. Mainly looking to replace my laptop for many day-to-day activities - web browsing, light email, etc. Also looking for something that is decent to watch movies and read books with when I travel. Travel is the main reason I might consider a 7" tablet, as it is easily pocketable. Then again, 80% or more of this use won't be while traveling... Your thoughts are appreciated...

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I am torn between the Xoom and HTC Flyer, size being the biggest thing. Mainly looking to replace my laptop for many day-to-day activities - web browsing, light email, etc. Also looking for something that is decent to watch movies and read books with when I travel. Travel is the main reason I might consider a 7" tablet, as it is easily pocketable. Then again, 80% or more of this use won't be while traveling... Your thoughts are appreciated...

Here is my honest take on it. Size wise 7" is the perfect in between. Cellphone, 7" tablet then netbook. For web browsing the xoom wins hands down! Nothing beats a bigger screen and a faster processor. For light email its a toss up. For reading emails I prefer the xoom for the same reason above the larger screen and better layout of the gmail application. For composing emails I give it to the Galaxy tab only because I love typing on that thing in portrait mode. The xoom I find is a more place it down and type (peck away) on. Now once swiftkey releases the split keyboard it might start to lean towards the xoom.

With the HTC flyer I dont have a problem with them running Gingerbread, because they state they will update to Gingerbread soon. The biggest problem I have with the Flyer is they will be skinning the Honeycomb OS. The Honeycomb OS is beautiful and works great and makes sense. If they were to skin it to look how its currently skinned I feel would be a step back.

If it were me and I have to have a 7-8" tablet I'd wait for it to be running a untouched Honeycomb OS.

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
On March 22nd Samsung will introduce the Galaxy Tab 8.9. This maybe the perfect size for a tablet. I feel that it will be small enough to be portable and large enough for web browsing.

murdocthc

May 18, 2010
Visit site
On March 22nd Samsung will introduce the Galaxy Tab 8.9. This maybe the perfect size for a tablet. I feel that it will be small enough to be portable and large enough for web browsing.

Reaaaaalllyyy...I might need to return this VZW tab that i got from best buy and wait for this release...

anyone else heard of this?

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure some galaxy tab owners are wondering about the new xoom. Ask me anything!

I'm sure this will come up.

How is the size?
early on this thing feels too big. I miss holding my galaxy tab while using it. I seem to alway have to place this thing down or against something to use it.
I bought the Xoom and returned it the next day. Yes the size was one factor but the weight was a bigger turnoff. The color saturation on the GTab is much better to.
But graphics rendering with the Tegra 2 is awesome.

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
so overall, is the xoom much more tablet then the samsung tab?
I have the tab and am planning on getting the xoom, just cant decide if I want to wait untill they get flash and such on it or just get it now

tino

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

Even the tab is barely pocketale. The difference between the 7" Tab and the 7" Nook Color is that the Nook Color is not portable but the Tab is due to slimmer bezel. In order words, a 7" screen with even thinner bezel would be perfect for portability.

I am not looking forward to the 8.9 Tab. I am more interesting in the 5" Sony PSP2.

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
How hard/easy is it to connect bluetooth devives? ex. printer, keyboards etc... Bcuz if these tabs are bluetooth ready for these devices, bcuz I'm due for a new home system, I may go the tab route.