Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab in Sunlight

I have searched forums and other online sources for several hours trying to find as many pics and video of the galaxy tab in direct sunlight use. I am still not very comfortable with what I have found.

How visible is the display when using outdoors in the sunlight? I know most phones are hard to impossible to see.

The main reason I ask is that I am looking for a tablet to use for score keeping for baseball. I have tried the xoom outdoors and it fails pretty bad. How does the galaxy compare to the xoom in terms of in sun viewing for those that have both?

Thanks for the help

Not very good, I dont have xoom, but galaxy tab is hard to read in direct sunlight. My screen brightness is at 25%.

U probably need a home made paper shell to block the sunlight some what, if u intend to use it for prolonged time in the direct sunlight.

In reading my nook color in sunlight I jump the brightness to max and try to shade it best that i can.

Sunlight just overcomes and RGB display.

IMHO a filter is no different from wearing polaroid sunglasses....the issue is not usually reflection off the glass but ambient light overcoming the display.