Wierd Battery Life Drop

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
My battery life has been great. I use my tablet LOTS during a given day. Videos, email, RSS feeds, wen browsing, games. I get through a normal day and have 20% left. Then all of a sudden yesterday my battery died in about 2 hours......I put it on the charger overnight and it got to 100%....I took it off the charger and in 2 hours I was at 17%. I installed AIM and Google News between the good battery life and the bad battery life. I have removed BOTH programs...but still am getting TERRIBLE battery life. My last stretch was a whopping 5 hours....am I doomed to hard reset and reinstall everything...or is there a way to really figure what is eating the battery and recover without a hard reset? Thanks!

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
does battery usage info on the tab tell you whats been using battery?

is that 5hr a bad number you were worrying about? what have you been using it for, mainly?

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
Battery Usage

50% display
18% Gallery
8% Android System
6% Launcher Pro
5% WiFi
...and down from there

I usually can go all day long before needing to use the charger. I do lots of email and web browsing, read books and listen to audios...

it just seemed that in one day I went from being able to go all day on a charge to only getting 4 to 5 hours total battery life...

bovineyard

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine started doing similar, it seems to charge normally, and start discharging normally, and then it will drop from around 50% to 2% immediately. I am sending it back to Samsung for repair next week. Will also see if the update helps first (doubt it will)

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
Part of my craziness is that it will charge normally, so it appears, then after 5 min it will drop to day 57%, and stay there for hours...literally. Then it will decrease as normal...then charge and work perfect for the next several charges....OR...

If i get the weird battery indicator drop and I reboot, it goes back to normal....so it much be something messing with the calibration of the battery meter in the device....really odd....

tkurtz1977

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine started dropping from around 50% to 2% in no time as well. Is anyone having issues like this still? It seemed to happen overnight. I've tried to figure out if anything is using extra power or running more than it used to. I really don't want to do a factory reset or send it back for a warranty repair.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

bhanadi

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine was exactly behaving like that, usually drop from 50 or 60 pct to 2-3 pct in a minutes. Finally i bought it to the Samsung service center, told them about the problem and they didn't really seem surprises about the problem. All they do was asked me to fill out a form, then they replaced with the new battery in 15 minutes. They said in some batches there were battery mallfunction. Now my Galaxy Tab is great. it can be in standby mode with light use for about 1-2 days before charging again or about 7-8 hours of continue use. I have tons of apps inside, use all 3G and wifi. mostly games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton