Anyone get the OTA update from Verizon yet?

rpitts9999

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I think I got my update 2 days ago. The only thing I can tell is different is the battery life is greatly improved and the E-mails work smoother.

bovineyard

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Manual Update

Thanks for the manual update. I used it because I am using mine as a wifi only (has never been activated), and I don't think Verizon would push the update to me.

Ayrow

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the manual update. I used it because I am using mine as a wifi only (has never been activated), and I don't think Verizon would push the update to me.

Ok, I downloaded the zip file, but I am clueless as to how to apply it to my Tab.

How did you guys start the update process from this file?

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I downloaded the zip file, but I am clueless as to how to apply it to my Tab.

How did you guys start the update process from this file?

Ditto.....totally lost and Verizon hasn't pushed it to my device yet. Anyone know if it is a phased in push, if so, what kind of schedule is it on?

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
This is assuming you have not messed with your device in any way other than rooting it. Even then, I'm no expert that's just the state mine was in.

*Install ROM Manager by ClockworkMod
*Put the update.zip on root of your SD card
*Open ROM Manager and hit the top option "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"

Now you can either reboot into recovery and do it manually or try the install ROM from SDCARD.

bovineyard

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have clockwork recovery installed, just boot to recovery. Here is how I installed manually:

1) Download file (from oldpueblo's link above in this post)

2) Place file (update.zip) in root of SD card.

3) Turn device off (completely shut down)

4) Hold Home+Vol up+power, until "SAMSUNG" appears, then immediately let go of buttons.

5) After a few seconds, a menu will come up, scroll down (with volume button) to "apply update.zip", then select (with home key)

Update will automatically install.

If it were me, I would wait for the Verizon push, but I am using mine as wifi only, (not active with Verizon), and I didn't expect to get the update pushed to me.

Ayrow

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Argh... Having issues.

I followed the instructions above and selected "update.zip"
The Tab starts to extract the files and makes it about 1/3 of the way before I get a large "!" which I assume is an error.

Corrupt file???

bovineyard

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I can think of is maybe the file is corrupt. Maybe try to download it again? I didn't have any problems when I applied the update.

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have clockwork recovery installed, just boot to recovery. Here is how I installed manually:

1) Download file (from oldpueblo's link above in this post)

2) Place file (update.zip) in root of SD card.

3) Turn device off (completely shut down)

4) Hold Home+Vol up+power, until "SAMSUNG" appears, then immediately let go of buttons.

5) After a few seconds, a menu will come up, scroll down (with volume button) to "apply update.zip", then select (with home key)

Update will automatically install.

If it were me, I would wait for the Verizon push, but I am using mine as wifi only, (not active with Verizon), and I didn't expect to get the update pushed to me.

Worked like a charm, thanks.

bovineyard

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Argh... Having issues.

I followed the instructions above and selected "update.zip"
The Tab starts to extract the files and makes it about 1/3 of the way before I get a large "!" which I assume is an error.

Corrupt file???

Are you rooted? Update may not work if you are. I was rooted with z4 root, unrooted before update. Now z4 root won't work.

Ayrow

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am rooted. I've been reading a lot of people have been able to perform this update and maintain root, so I am hopefull that I can get it done.

Just a little frustrated right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy