Gtab. Can I buy any model?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna continue reading up on rooting my tab but probably won't do that for a while. I wanna enjoy what I have right now :p

LOL. I can't resist but to root my Android devices right of the box. I'll probably root when I get home from work

TboltMeatclaws-talkatap

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
LOL. I can't resist but to root my Android devices right of the box. I'll probably root when I get home from work

TboltMeatclaws-talkatap

Even though I've rooted my EVO and Epic without any problems, I'm that person that gets abnormally nervous during the whole process.....HAHA

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Even though I've rooted my EVO and Epic without any problems, I'm that person that gets abnormally nervous during the whole process.....HAHA

Use superoneclick. It was easy and fast. I don't think there's a possible way to mess anything up. You can use it to unroot as well

Gtab meatclaws-talkatap

Last edited:

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I read about that and was thinking of using it :)

There's a few steps to follow. The easiest thing for me was to find a YouTube video and follow it step by step. Its a lil easier that way. You have to follow a few steps but its basically a straightforward procedure

Gtab meatclaws-talkatap

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
There's a few steps to follow. The easiest thing for me was to find a YouTube video and follow it step by step. Its a lil easier that way. You have to follow a few steps but its basically a straightforward procedure

Gtab meatclaws-talkatap

It's funny that you mentioned looking it up on YouTube cause that's how I rooted my phones.....lol

Only thing I'm wondering is will the SuperOneClick method work on the Eifi-only version? I've been noticing some slight differences between the carrier version and wifi version.

jcondon

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Does the Wifi version come with a the USB data cable? Seems like it isn't a standard cable. I notice on Samsung's site they list it as a $19.99 accessory.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Does the Wifi version come with a the USB data cable? Seems like it isn't a standard cable. I notice on Samsung's site they list it as a $19.99 accessory.

It should be a standard "included" item. Its what you need to charge

Gtab meatclaws-talkatap

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

It's one of those charger block/USB cable combos. You can unplug from the charger block to plug into your PC. I always buy a second cable because I hate switching back and forth.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just a word of warning--I have read elsewhere that the wi-fi only SKU has a weaker CPU, GPU and is only Bluetooth 2.1 instead of 3.0. Presumably the screen and the battery capacity are the same between the two versions. Supposedly the wi-fi version struggles to even playback a 720p video...

That said, I like the 16gb internal to the wi-fi version but I am not a fan of the glossy white back.

I would probably just play it safe and get a nice gently used WWAN version and leave it at that, even if you are like me and use it on wi-fi 99.9% of the time. You never know when the 3G connectivity may come in handy in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox