Amazon Tab no SD Card?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
We purchased the Galaxy Tab from Sprint which came with a 16gb Micro SD Card.
We decided to return it and buy the wifi only from Amazon. There wasn't a sd card included. My wife said when she had read the specs it said that the 16 card was included.
Can anyone tell me that bought one from amazon if they received an sd card?

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Sprint & Verizon (CDMA) Tabs have 2GB internal storage + 16GB microsdhc card included.

GSM Tabs have 16GB internal storage and a slot but no bundled microSDHC card.

Wi-fi Tabs have 16gb internal storage and a slot but also no bundled card.

longshot

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Same for me w/ the Amazon WiFi Tab.....no 16GB card - bummer. So I might return it since there is a new Amazon Kindle/tablet coming out this summer. Its reportedly made by Samsung.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The carriers will include a memory card with just about any smartphone or tablet (XOOM got nothing) the size varies on the phone and the contractual agreement with the mfg.

I see the issue in how its worded on amazon so I submitted a number of corrections including more tech specs per Samsung's website.

In either case here is what it says about memory.

Memory:
- 16GB Internal Memory
- Up to 32GB Expandable Memory (microSD™)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well now I am left scratching my head about the internal memory. Samsung's site says 16GB, I visited BB And Verizon it shows 16GB SD Card but .90GB of Internal memory.

So WTH is going on?

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried to explain this in my previous post but I'll elaborate more here just in case. I just examined a Galaxy Tab wi-fi model in the box yesterday (did not open it or use the unit hands-on of course)

In all honesty, I am 99.9% certain that the wi-fi version has 16gb of storage built-in just like the GSM Tabs. That internal storage works EXACTLY like a regular SD slot. You can store pictures, music etc on it. It has ~2GB space for installing apps.
It also has a microSD slot for adding up to 32gb via microSDHC card.

Best Buy *only* sells CDMA Galaxy Tabs from Sprint & Verizon---thus only ~2GB internal storage for apps (some of that used by the OS) and the bundled 16gb card. CDMA chipsets use more space than GSM ones do, so that's why the CDMA tabs come with a card instead of internal storage.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Yup, I have both a Sprint tab and a Wifi tab. The Wifi tab definitely has 16GB of internal memory.