Soft Bricked My SGT

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Now I've done it! I've been working on this since 10 last night (13 hours).

I was trying to get a little gingerbread love for my verizon SGT last night and I hosed it up. I've followed the Stock Rom 2.3.3 how to from over on XDA and everything goes swimmingly and I get success 1/fail 0 in both steps. The problem comes when I reboot into recovery mode and i get E:failed to mount /efs (invalid argument) followed by a bunch of "e: failed this", "e:can't mount that" with a final message of "multi-csc applied failed".

The result from rebooting takes me through the startup splashes and it gets hung up on "Samsung" and it flickers every now and again.

I'm lost and too scared to ask anything over on XDA and really hope someone here can help.

Thanks in advance!!!

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you try heimdall to go back to stock?

Sent from my G-Tab using Tapatalk

I did, with no luck. It is stock that allows me to get back to the Samsung splash screen (with some roms I get nothing). I read somewhere over on xda that I was screwed and pretty much gave up.

I haven't sold the Sgt yet so keep me posted and let me know if you are successful.

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If you can get the download screen, volume down and power button, then get this file. Rename, remove the .md5 extension, then use odin ver3 to flash this using pda. It should put you back to stock then update to EB28. I have since used superoneclick for root and all is good!

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
If you can get the download screen, volume down and power button, then get this file. Rename, remove the .md5 extension, then use odin ver3 to flash this using pda. It should put you back to stock then update to EB28. I have since used superoneclick for root and all is good!

Thanks for the advice but this was on Verizon. I can flash anything I want to the tab but can't get past the samsung splash screen.

Anyone else got anything for me? I've been to samfirmware.com and given a couple of those a shot...does anyone know which one I should be using?

antoniojr02

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this posting is closed or not as I'm new but I bricked my verizon sgt trying to put gingerbread on it as well and I don't know what to do, would appreciate it if someone could help me out.

prezmater

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I am going to avoid anything to do with GB on my Sprint SGT until someone releases one specifically for CDMA or there is an official update.

Astromic

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i was a about to screw my device updating it(the official update, not 2.3.3 yet),,,on downloading the firmware to 70% it said "firmware update failed due to unexpected error" or something like that,,it asked me to recover with a given code, but i didn't because i turned the tab on again and it worked like nothing happened, but i know i will have to recover it sooner or later to allow future updates, anyway some people are talking about screwing their tabs in the recovering process,, i guess this hassles are due to the faulty software that samsung use like kies and their firmware updater,,,i'm stuck to froyo now, and i'm considering thoroughly not to buy any samsung devices again, not because the devices itself, but because the buggy softwares they intend to use...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers