Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab AVI Cable?

Hello AC!

I know there is an AVI cable accessory I've looked up on Amazon and I'm wondering for anyone who has it.....how well does it work on a TV? More so on a 32"+

Thanks in advanced!

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default I have the Average cable

Quote Originally Posted by seankrems2009 View Post
    Hello AC!

I know there is an AVI cable accessory I've looked up on Amazon and I'm wondering for anyone who has it.....how well does it work on a TV? More so on a 32"+

Thanks in advanced!
    I do have the AV cable it is great when you want to share what's on your screen. But how often do you want to be attached to a tv? I really don't use it much. I have a Dona device attached to my TV and I will use Wifi and software to send audio and or video to my tv. I like that a whole lot more. But when I go to my parents house I can show them pictures or movies of there granddaughter or just what is that Facebook thing... I will also use it with a projector when I am at meetings....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The only reason I can see me being attached to the TV is because I bought the GT due to my PS3 crashing on me so because this is my new toy I'd still like a way to watch movies on my 42" (which is really all I used my PS for). The GT is great for movies on the go but when I'm at home, I wanna be able to kick back with the home theatre system and relax.

ROM
    Overcome / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by howeler View Post
    I do have the AV cable it is great when you want to share what's on your screen. But how often do you want to be attached to a tv? I really don't use it much. I have a Dona device attached to my TV and I will use Wifi and software to send audio and or video to my tv. I like that a whole lot more. But when I go to my parents house I can show them pictures or movies of there granddaughter or just what is that Facebook thing... I will also use it with a projector when I am at meetings....
    Hey howeler,

Before all the new bigger than 7" Tabs came out I remember only seeing 2 video options. The "Galaxy Tab™ Stereo/ Video Cable" (part # ECC1TP0BBEG) which breaks the dock connector into composite video w/ stereo audio and the "Galaxy Tab™ HDMI Multi-Media Dock" (part # ECR-D980BEG) that charges and has a HDMI output. Now Samsung has the "Galaxy Tab™ Adapter (HDTV)" part # EPL-3PHPBEG but Samsung's accessory website doesn't show the 7" tab as compatible!

Which of these or another are you using?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I think he means he's got the Composite cable (red, yellow and white)
    A Dude

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz / CM10

I have the composite a/v cable and it works great! It works on both a 32" older "tube" TV & my 42" HD LCD TV. It all depends on the quality of the video that you are trying to watch but I've found that it comes in handy quite often.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

i just ordered mine and i cant wait to recieve it in the mail. im hoping the web pages will show up clear. gives me a reason to get rid of my laptop

Is yours a Wifi-Only Tab? I ask because I know the HDMI dock doesn't work on the Wifi-Only ones and I remember reading the Composite cable is the same. I own the HDMI dock and tried showing it to a co-worker of mine, who has a Wifi only one (I have a sprint one) and it didn't work for him. I don't have any first hand knowledge of the Composite cable though... I hope it does work for the Wifi only ones so they can have at least some kind of A/V out...
    Current Device(s):
    T-Mobile - Samsung Galaxy S5
    NVIDIA Shield Tablet
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

The AV Cable should work. its worked for my friends Tab (we got the Wifi only) and I tested it on mine too. Im pissed about the HDMI not going to work bc I have a 42" LCD which would have looked amazing!