Why can't I pull down the notification panel?

A

AC Question

I can not pull down the notification panel

i can not pull down the notification panel on the Samsung tablet 4 10.1. How can i revert to dragging the notification panel down

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can not pull down the notification panel

Welcome to Android Central! Does the touchscreen otherwise respond appropriately? Are you unable to pull the notification panel down in portrait or landscape mode?

Last edited:

ChristoV

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem.
The notification bar is visible, but does not expand when puled in either landscape and portrait. Other than this, the touch screen operates perfectly.

CarrieSjay

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

I have this same issue. The orientation does not make a difference. I am able to swipe left and right and do other things perfectly fine.

As soon as my tab loads up, I unlock the screen and the bar will pull down. After a few seconds the bar closes and I can no longer pull it down.

I've seen posts saying kids mode was the culprit. I uninstalled it but it made no difference.

I am see the notifications up there but I can't get to them.

Posted via the Android Central App

ChristoV

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

I finally uninstalled Kids Mode completely and did a full factory reset after my previous post. Almost 3 weeks later and I have not had the problem again. I am however scared to update apps on the Tab.

Diaboyos

May 10, 2015
Visit site

I have this same issue. The orientation does not make a difference. I am able to swipe left and right and do other things perfectly fine.

As soon as my tab loads up, I unlock the screen and the bar will pull down. After a few seconds the bar closes and I can no longer pull it down.

I've seen posts saying kids mode was the culprit. I uninstalled it but it made no difference.

I am see the notifications up there but I can't get to them.

Posted via the Android Central App

This EXACT thing is happening to me too. Did you ever find a fix for it?

corvette3401

May 27, 2015
Visit site

This EXACT thing is happening to me too. Did you ever find a fix for it?

It's kids mode. It disables the notification drop down and the recent apps button. The only way to fix it is to factory reset. If someone find another solution, please post it

kreischweide

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

Had the same problem just now, orientation did not matter, the top was always locked. Turned out to be Cerberus option to block notification pull downs from the locked view.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6 mit Tapatalk

Vicki west

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site

Why cant i pull down the notification bar the one at the bottom of the phone does not work either

Geetwo24

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi there, need some help here.

I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 lite, the touchscreen is working fine, the problem is I am unable to pull down notification when tab is in portrait position, but if it is in landscape position you will be able to pull down notification panel.

Any suggestions on how to fix it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad