Battery Life?

humanracer

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I have had the tab 4 for a week now but the battery life does not seem great. I didn't charge it before I started using it but I later charged it to 100%. It seems to move a percentage every few minutes. If I leave it overnight without touching it and with the screen timeout activated then the battery does run down. When I am using it though the battery life seems to go quickly. I read somewhere that you should be able to use Internet and emails for about 8 hours before the battery dies but I would say I maybe get about four hours continuous use.

I have wi-fi on and the brightness is up as my eyes get sore looking at a dim screen.

Is the battery defective?

Curtis Belton

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
If you have recently updated your tablet to the android 5.0.2 ( You can check by going to Settings>General(Tab)>About Device>Android Version). The update is causing a MAJOR power drain. the only thing we can do is wait for a bug fix update and if not (knowing Samsung reputation) we at least need to hope for a miracle. I hope learning this new information sheds some light on the problem because im having the same issue and would also like to know more about this issue like how to fix the issue. I hope this helps!!!!!!

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Is the battery defective?
You could test by playing movie or youtube in 1 hour, good battery should not drop more than 20%, more or less depending on settings such as brightness, Wif, Bluetooth on or off, other applications running...etc. A fresh tablet without any change after Factory Reset, should drop around 12% to 15% after playing movie in 1 hour.

Elena Petrova

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I bought my samsung galaxy tab 4 wifi end of May .It was great. Everything was perfect run smoothly, open the browser quickly, pages,YouTube and etc. I charged my battery once per week and today everything was changed.Today my tablet is updating to lollipop 5.0.2 aful and the battery life it's almost 80% losses for one day.It'so unbelievable. When they will fix that problem -probably never.Can you tell me is it possible to back to kitkat 4.4.

haxsaw67

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
i have noticed my battery drains down much faster since the update, especially when it gets below 50%, also, my lock pattern went from full screen to the size of a small cell phone screen, is there any way to fix this?

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
There must be programs running while you tablet is in sleep modeI. I suggest you download the 360 Security App and set it to shutdown any programs that attempt to run in the background while your tablet is in sleep mode. It' works great for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia