Multi-user Bluetooth issue

FrancoisBedard

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I submitted this to Samsung, which were very unhelpful since I'm in Canada instead of the U.S, however I'm going on a limb trying to figure this one out...

I got a Samsung Tab 4 7.0 with Android 4.4.2 which was first configured for my wife. The second account created was mine. Recently we ordered a casing with Bluetooth keyboard and just received it.

Now the "funny" part happens: I can't get the Bluetooth to activate with my user account, it's always grayed out.

If I log on with my wife's account (The one selected by default on the lockscreen), Bluetooth is available and the keyboard works fine.

If I switch to my account, BT is not available, sliding it ON will last a few seconds and it will go off again.

Once I switch back to my wife's account, it no longer works (I switched user). I also tried only pressing my account's icon, not logging with it but then pressing my wife's account icon to then log in, and it didn't work. The only way to get Bluetooth active is to go straight in with her account (And that works fine). Looks a lot like a software issue.

Anybody else experienced something similar or would care to try and see if behavior is the same on their tablet, or even better, a solution?

Thanks!

Frank.

James Van Orman

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same issue with my Galaxy Tab4 7.0. I can turn on bluetooth if I reboot and go straight to the main account. But I can't turn on bluetooth if I go to the second account. If I do go to the second account, I have to reboot to get bluetooth working on the main account. This is very annoying, since I paid for a bluetooth app for the 2nd account.....

Rick Medlock

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Frank,
Close but not identical issue here (Edmonton, AB CA) with Samsung Tab 4 7.0 with Android 4.4.2 where wife is primary user, myself as secondary user. Finding my account (second account) we can turn on the Bluetooth with errors on boot up of apps YouTube, Google Music, Google Chrome-cast reading "Unfortunately "<program name> has stopped - Report or OK options. Samsung support solution is to go to a factory reset. No solution that I see at the moment.

Rick M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance