Downloading directly to SD card?

David McEwen

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to download directly to SD card without rooting? I have done the SD route and sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Plus I still cannot move some of the apps. If a root is necessary, can someone email me the root files? Every forum I have looked on has links to files that my Antivirus deletes. If I turn it off, and run the .exe, nothing still happens.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
This annoys me, too. After a few downloads, I use the file manager that comes with the tab4 to copy and paste files onto the external SD. Then I delete them from the Download folder in internal storage. That's the only unrooted workaround I can see that works.

AvaMichele

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
At the risk of appearing incompetent, can you please explain the steps to move applications to the SD card? I am running out of storage space on my device, and have an almost empty SD card.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
At the risk of appearing incompetent, can you please explain the steps to move applications to the SD card? I am running out of storage space on my device, and have an almost empty SD card.
Settings, General, Applications manager, touch the app and a button will appear that says "move to sd card"......if the button is grayed out then that app cannot run from the sd card, it is up to the app developers.
Also, only a portion of the application will move as some of it must remain in device memory. Also note that there can be a performance hit on some applications as the external sd card will not be as fast as internal memory, but I've not really noticed any difference in most cases myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs